3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   POSH and BECKHAM ~ EXCITED? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/117802-posh-beckham-%7E-excited.html)

EZMONEY 07-13-2007 09:34 PM

POSH and BECKHAM ~ EXCITED?

Well David Beckham and Posh have arrived in Los Angeles to "SAVE" soccer in America...

Do you care?

jtammy 07-13-2007 09:39 PM

No......:)

EZMONEY 07-13-2007 09:52 PM

But TAMMY if it was YOU and YOU knew YOUR new contract could earn YOU up to 250 MILLION DOLLARS ~ well, then would YOU be excited? ;)

almostheaven 07-13-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 1774020)
Well David Beckham and Posh have arrived in Los Angeles to "SAVE" soccer in America...

Do you care?

Who are David Beckham and Posh? :D

jtammy 07-13-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 1774026)
But TAMMY if it was YOU and YOU knew YOUR new contract could earn YOU up to 250 MILLION DOLLARS ~ well, then would YOU be excited? ;)

Well, if it was about ME potentially earning 250 million dollars, I'd be excited, but since it's about THEM, I'm not particularly excited. I will admit that it will be interesting to see if soccer gains in popularity here with his arrival and joining of the team.

I guess we'll be seeing more of both of them on tabloid covers while we're waiting in line at the grocery store now....

Goddess Jessica 07-13-2007 11:24 PM

I'm going to see his game on Saturday the 28th! Wooo!

EZMONEY 07-13-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtammy (Post 1774080)
....I guess we'll be seeing more of both of them on tabloid covers while we're waiting in line at the grocery store now....

YA THINK? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddess Jessica (Post 1774114)
I'm going to see his game on Saturday the 28th! Wooo!

Have a great time JESSICA...should be a packed house!!

Stepping Out 07-14-2007 03:23 AM

Posh & Becks in the US?

:yawn: :moo:

freeqeegrl 07-14-2007 03:36 AM

yay! hopefully my sport will get some more respect now. posh i dont care about but david oh la la :)

EZMONEY 07-14-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homebound (Post 1774226)
:yawn: :moo:

You're ALL :love: heart :love: JOANNE ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeqeegrl (Post 1774231)
yay! hopefully my sport will get some more respect now. posh i dont care about but david oh la la :)

:o Such a sexist statement ;)....but then...I was looking at Posh Spice ;)

Slashnl 07-14-2007 10:24 AM

While I am glad to see any sport improve its competitiveness, I think that Beckham is kidding himself if he thinks that HE is the savior of the sport in the USA. It will never be a sport that I'll get into. Nothing wrong with it for anyone else, but I don't think it will grow in popularity based on one player.

Personally, I love volleyball. But the reality is that it will never have the draw of the big sports. That's ok! As long as there is ESPN2, CSTV, etc, I can still enjoy it!

night owl 07-14-2007 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtammy (Post 1774080)
I guess we'll be seeing more of both of them on tabloid covers while we're waiting in line at the grocery store now....

Well Posh did state that the tabloids would leave them alone; cause soon they would find out, they are a very boring couple.....and no I don't care either.:smug:

EZMONEY 07-14-2007 11:01 AM

Hey DIANE ~ I don't think Beckham thinks he is the savior of soccer in America. Although he is a good/great (?) player...and nobody else "bends it like Beckham", his best days are probably behind him. He was brought here by Simon Fuller to get people excited about soccer...hey only in America can people like Paris Hilton draw a bigger crowd than someone like Mother Theresa! Aren't we shallow!

Although the Beckham family is always in the spotlight...and they find ways to put themselves there with TV shows and magazine photo sessions...I think they are really pretty down to earth...in an odd way. Maybe they just need the money :shrug:

My son is a huge volleyball fan. Being here on the California coast we have a lot of tournaments with the :stars: stars :stars:. My son plays two person sand volleyball with another kid he went to college with. They have won 75% of their games this summer. They play in the "B" beach division....they win most of those games against other guys, both being 6' 4" helps! But their losses are usually against "GIRLS!"....the best girls are in that division :D My son and his buddy both coach high school jumps...the triple, long and high. Some of the high school girls they coached also play volleyball...they have lost to them a few times :D...of course these are girls that have full rides to major colleges so it isn't ALL bad!

I think the biggest reason volleyball isn't more popular is because you usually need at least 8 people (unless it is two man) and you just can't put up a net anywhere...kids can play baseball, basketball, football, soccer, street hockey just about anywhere....but that net thing ya know. Plus bumping flat sucks! Spiking rules!! and if you are short...well...game over!

bargoo 07-14-2007 11:04 AM

Who cares?

SoulBliss 07-14-2007 11:10 AM

I wonder if being in Los Angeles will motivate Victoria to get new, bigger implants. <<<Passing thought, not a real concern...the dust I see on my windowsill is of more importance and interest to me than are these people.