General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-23-2007, 10:40 PM   #16  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Well I think Bonnie did Julia a favour putting her up. I would have loved to see her win but she didn't have the experience.

Great that Chef Ramsay is sending her to culinary school because I'm sure she will be successful. She should be proud of herself for getting that far.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:19 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

I got a bit choked up with Julia's elimination tonight and how kind Chef Ramsey was to her. What a wonderful prize to get a full ride to culinary school. She will do well. As Chef said, they need natural talent and she has that.
Now I guess I'll root for Rock.

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 AM   #18  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I loved that Julia got such a great consolation gift. What a sweet moment that was!
I can't believe what a jerk Rock was. I don't think it was a fit of anger, I think that is how he really is. I don't like his attitude at all and especially how he talks about the women. He likes to tear other people down to try to make himself look good. Not a good leader.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:42 PM   #19  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I hope Julia can afford to go to school. Yes, he's footing the bill, but I'll bet she needs some sort of income to support her family. I hope she will be able to go. He did invite her back for the next competition. It would be great if she could come.

I really thought she'd do well at the school. She rocked! What on earth were those other cheftestants thinking?!

I don't care who wins now. Bonnie is whiney, Jen took food out of the garbage and the stress is starting to show on her and Rock is just mean spirited.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #20  
Diane

I agree with Mare.... !
Old 08-01-2007, 01:47 AM   #21  

ROck and Bonnie now. I knew Jen's mousiness was going to get her kicked off. But her food was always good. Just needs to grow a pair! Bonnie was the only one CHef said "good" at her first attempt at yelling at him. It's a tricky one. Rock is probably a better chef with more experience, but Bonnie is more creative and could run a kitchen if she could just get her head on a bit straighter.

It'll be a nail-biter!!!

KErri
Old 08-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I hope I can jump in here.

I said from day 1 that it's going to come down to Rock and Julia - I was so sad to see Julia go, but it's great that she's getting a free ride to someplace like the CIA. She'll do well - if she can afford everything outside of school!

As for the 1st winner of ****'s Kitchen - Michael - Gordon offered him his own restaurant, or a chance to train under him in London for 1 year. Michael took London. Apparently Michael had tried to get into Gordan's elite program for years, but had always been rejected. It is exactly what Michael wanted. Now he owns Tattoo in LA.

I can't see Bonnie winning - she's not strong enough to run one of Gordon's places. Rock is much better suited for the job.
iammare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:16 PM   #23  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

After the Pasta Incident in the first or second episode (remember Jen fished pasta out of the trash and reheated it???), I KNEW there was NO WAY that she would win. It also bugged me that the contestants made a huge deal out of Julia being a pancake house cook. Like Bonnie has any credentials other than "Nanny/Personal Cook" (meaning a child care provider who also whips up meals...). Not to say that she isn't good, but her attitude at the beginning seems somewhat hypocritical.
As for Rock, well, we only see what the editors of the show want us to see. All reality TV is edited for maximum effect, to create the "good vs evil", "cheerful vs angry", "good person vs bad person" dichotomy that viewers thrive on. These shows are cast in this way, and edited to follow suit throughout the season. There is no way to determine if Rock is a jerk or not. Personally, he is the only one who is credible as a chef at this point, and he is driven to win. Hopefully, he'll get it. I am sure that the Red Rock resort, or whatever it is, has a huge say in who the chef is, and I'm not sure that their credibility would benefit from presenting a "nanny" as their executive chef...
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:36 PM   #24  
One pound at a time.

Did anyone watch last night?

What was up with Julia? I was kind of surprised at the way she behaved.

Now we have to wait another week to see who wins.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #25  
Diane

I was kind of ticked off that it didn't end last night. I could have sworn they said it was the last one. Oh well. I thought last night's show was a little dull.
Julia was way too emotional. She has an amazing opportunity. She should be very happy!
Old 08-07-2007, 04:41 PM   #26  
One pound at a time.

Diane I also thought it was the last one but they're dragging it out another week.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #27  
I'm gettin there

S/C/G: 231/190/155

Height: 5 foot 7

Did anyone else wanna strangle Jen lastnight with her whiney "I love Bonnie" speech. Yuck. I can see why Julia was so emotional. She really wanted it and to see Bonnie get it probably really hit her hard. I hope Rock gets it just cuz Bonnie is so sure of herself and i can't see her running a restaurant.
metalgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:34 AM   #28  

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought last night was the last show. I know they said at the beginning of the show, you will see a winner tonight. Oh well. More for next week. I felt bad for Julia, but she really does need to pull it together. And yes, I rolled my eyes at the "Bonnie" speech. Jen is just soooo mousy. Drove me crazy. Anyway, I've liked Rock from the beginning and I think he has been the most consistent. Yes, he has a bit of a temper, but look at Chef Ramsey!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 08:07 AM   #29  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm rooting for Rock as well. I liked him the most in the beginning and then he began irritating me by throwing tantrums and such. Then seeing him with his family I saw he is a good person and he wants this so badly and I feel for he wants it for the right reasons. Bonnie just wants to win and I don't feel she really deserves it the way Rock does. We shall see how the next service goes. The clips for next week looked interesting.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote