General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 01:43 PM   #1  

Default Unwanted pets!

Thursday morning, when DH left for work, we noticed a half-grown cat among our outside cats. It's just beautiful...white and caramel coloring. It has stuck around because there is food and water available. Obviously it is a "drop off" pet. Someone dropped it off to fend for itself in an environment completely foreign to it. The poor thing just wants to be held and petted. Today,it was driving my DH to distraction as he is putting a water pump in his car. Fortunately, my DD,Zookeeper, took it home as I already have two inside cats.

My message is this: Please, if you cannot keep a pet, don't drop it in the country. It may very well die a horrible death by starvation, illness,attacks by wild animals or a car will run it over. Take it to the humane society or have it put down. Better a swift death than a slow torturous one.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:38 PM   #2  

I totally agree. Sometimes these poor pets who used to be part of someones family find themselves abandoned to suffer horribly.
Old 12-10-2001, 10:00 AM   #3  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Default An Update on Angel

For those who do not now me, I'm Zookeeper, aka Tippy's super-wonderful, loving, kind, etc etc etc, daughter! LOL!

Mom's "drop off" cat came to live with us yesterday. She is adjusting well, is not afraid of dogs and is a little curious about the birds. I did find however, that cats and Christmas trees don't mix very well!

Anyway, we figure Angel is about 6 months old, female and thankfully litter-trained! We'll be calling the vet today for shots, spaying (?) and front-declawing (thank God for Credit Cards!).

Just wanted to update everyone on this sweet little creature.
Old 12-23-2001, 01:11 PM   #4  
Big Loser

Lisa, you are a good person, the world is a better place because of people like you! God Bless!
Closed Thread