General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Another pregnant woman is missing

Jessie Davis of North Canton, Ohio is due to deliver in 2 weeks. Her mother went to her home and found Jessie's 2 yr old alone. The house was a mess. Apparently Jessie always kept everything in its place.

I hope this isn't another Laci Peterson.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #2  
hara hachi bu

I've been watching this story, and there have been a few comments made that make me think of the Laci situation. It doesn't sound good at all.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

I have a bad feeling about this one. The toddler is saying, "mommy was crying", "mommy was in the rug". Doesnt sound good at all. Wonder if the toddler could ID the person as the one that made mommy cry and put mommy in the rug. Crazy and scary.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #4  
I wanna be a loser, too

It sure is. I would think that he would have said something about daddy if daddy had been there. That said, I think I heard something about the dad was supposed to pick up the kid for visitation, called, got no answer and let it drop. Did I hear that correctly?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #5  
hara hachi bu

I've read conflicting stories about how the custody/visit thing panned out.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:04 PM   #6  
I wanna be a loser, too

I just heard an interview on Fox News. It was with Nikki, one of his exes. She had nothing good to say about him. He kidnapped her daughter many years ago. He toldthat kid that he was going to take her to a swingers party and introduce her to swinging. Nikki has all sorts of restraining orders against him. She has since relocated to So. Calif.

She says he is very good at manipulating the system.

In most cases, it is the husband or boy friend. This is not looking good. It could also be someone who wanted to steal the baby. That has happened, too.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I wouldn't guarantee that a toddler would be able to identify daddy if he planned this ahead of time, and wore even the lamest of disguises. If a Santa costume will fool a toddler, so would a ski mask or a wig. Not to mention the possibility of hiring someone to do it. The odds are more in favor of the father than a stranger looking for a baby (though yes, it has been known to happen). When I was in graduate school, were were taught that the two highest risk times for a woman to be the victim of domestic violence was either when she was trying to leave the perpetrator, or when she was pregnant. The leaving meant sense, but I was really shocked that pregnancy would be a trigger.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #8  
I wanna be a loser, too

Yep. ITA.

Someone found a baby on her doorstep about 45 minutes away. The baby had a newborn outfit on and had formula in the basket. It was left on the backdoor step of a retired nurse. No ID had been made last I heard.

That poor family. At least that little boy is young enough to be able to forget what he saw.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:04 AM   #9  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

The baby girl was found on the doorstep and is alive, thank the Lord. What bothers me about these kinds of situation is how much more prevalent stealing babies while in the mother's wombs is becoming these days. I mean, 10 years or even 5 years ago you never heard of such a thing! I'm glad that in this case the baby is ok, while the mother is still a question mark. But what else are we going to do to each other?
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:41 AM   #10  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Does the baby on the doorstep definitely belong to the missing woman?
Mummy_Tummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

They don't know, yet. they are doing DNA tests to see. This is such a sad story.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Makes me want to move my 20 year old pregnant daughter home with me, especially since she is living in an apartment by herself.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #13  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

The father of the baby is a cop - that hasn't been mentioned here, but is an interesting fact.
jennylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

This story is so horrible all the way around.

Here in Hawaii last week, a man attempted to stab his estranged wife to death, she was about 2 weeks away from her due date and their 13 y.o. son tried to intervene and was killed by his own father. She survived, but her baby didn't. What is this world coming to?
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #15  
hara hachi bu

Noelle, that's a horrible story! Losing both children .... ugh.