Skin help please

• Ok so i was in my pitch black bedroom and tripped over a computer my husband had laid down ( i was going to go potty) anyways i got rug burn on my fore head and upper nose area im attaching photo's my question is can i bleach the area to get it back to normal im gonna post right after it happened and today it's still very visable and i hate it, cover up just isnt working any idea's on how to get rid of the bad area ?
    thanks
    Michelle
    PS 1st photo is the morning after
    2nd photo is day one after
    3rd is today

• To be honest...I see a drastic reduction in pic 3. Just give it a few more days and I'm sure it will be completely gone. In the meantime, you could use Vitamin E oil (they're available in capsules). My mom used them when she had a grease burn on her forehead and there's no scar now.
  • thank you but it's been a month and did she open the capsules??
  • LMAO boy i look horriable in these pics LOL
  • No, bleach won't work. Maybe pick up some Mederma for scars from the drug store? It might help the healing process.
  • Quote: thank you but it's been a month and did she open the capsules??
    Yup, split it with scissors and spread the oil on her forehead. I don't know whether it's expensive or not as this was 5 years ago, but if my mom bought it, it must be reasonable. Haha...
  • Thanks ladies my skin is all ready changing daily because of the whole 30's going on LOL
    I will try that im ready to try anything at this point
  • There is a product called Dermablend - used to cover up scars. I got some right after I had chicken pox as an adult until all the yucky old spots were gone. Worked pretty well. Better than foundation alone. I got it at macy's so probably would be avaialable at most department stores.

they have a website www.dermablend.com
  • thank you ladies i really want my face back LOL
  • Leave it alone, it will go away on its own....
    Sometimes putting chemicals like bleach on skin that is damaged will result in permanent scarring.
    Give it a good 2 weeks, then repost your photos and let us know.
    I had a huge burn caused by spilling boiling water on my foot -- it was so bad that the skin was burned right off, leaving a huge (2 inch) open weeping skinless spot. The Dr. gave me some cream to prevent infection (as I had no skin left). After a week, everything healed. No scar, no discoloration, NOTHING. I have a feeling that you will heal without any difficulty. Give it some time!
  • I used to use vitamin E oil, too, from capsules for dermatitis on my hands during the perm-crazy 80's (I'm a hairdresser). I'd poke one end of the capsule with a pin and squeeze out what I needed...much less messy than cutting it in half.

Good luck!!
  • Also, stay out of the sun! Irriated skin will tan darker and faster than the skin around it, so to avoid a dark patch, avoid the sun for the next few weeks!