General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:36 AM   #46  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

According to TMZ, Paris refused to eat or drink or go to the bathroom for the past 3 days because she was afraid that someone would take a cell-phone photo of her on the potty and post it on the Net.
Does anyone else remember the panty-less photos of last year? Or "A Night in Paris"?
That girl has serious problems...
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:56 AM   #47  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The germans have a word for it. "Schadenfreude," basically meaning taking joy in other people's suffering. What's funnier than someone taking a painful shot to the groin (according to "funniest" video shows, apparently not much)?

Compassion for our friends and family and all of the "good" people is easy, it's feeling compassion for losers, nut cases, bullies, creeps, and brats that is a lot harder.

I got a chuckle (BAD Colleen) over Paris' potty fear. It definitely brings back memories of the detention home. Even kids who were behing held for horrible crimes, and seemed to have no modesty or shame whatsoever (even some who would expose themselves or worse to staff for shock value) they all were horrified to be caught on the toilet during room checks (every fifteen minutes we shined a flashlight in the cell to make sure each kid was ok).

If a kid were "caught with his pants down" so to speak, and one of the kids in an adjoining cell overheard it was big news the next day, and the kid would be teased by all of the others. We did have a few kids who were so paranoid, they would actually wet the bed rather than use the toilet (like that didn't make them bigger targets for teasing).

The sad thing is jail staff aren't particularly high paid, and with camera cell phones, someone could easily be tempted to take such a picture (I'm sure several have already received offers many times their annual salaries).

Yep, humans are pitiful.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #48  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

That's terrible! It's bad enough being in jail. Well, I'm assuming it is. The only time I've seen the inside of a jail was during a field trip in the second grade.

Couldn't a corrections officer, or whatever you call them, get into trouble for taking a picture like that? Then again, if the money is what you mentioned, they probably wouldn't be looking at the big long term picture. The money right off the bat might sway them.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote