General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #16  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, I liked Colombe in the beginning, but I have to say I'm glad she's gone. She became more like a limp dishrag to watch. And I'm also glad Tony's gone...not because I don't like him, but because he missed his family so much I felt bad for him. I liked him a lot, actually.

Who do you think will go next?
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:37 PM   #17  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I thought what she did about the extra grocery bag was mean spirited. When she left the market she said something about somebody will be missing a bag. Later, she just said she was overwhelmed and didn't know what was happening. I didn't buy that one single bit.

He was in tears as he spoke with his family. I felt for him.

I'm wondering how long Dale will be there.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:04 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Yes, I agree that Columbe needed to go. Not cool at all about leaving that grocery bag. Why couldn't she just pick it up or say something??

I also thought her stadium food was the most under-impressive of all -- jarred cheese sauce?

Next week should be interesting... Paul might be on thin ice...
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

What is it about Mike that makes me feel sorry for him? He has a certain vulnerability to him... he was pretty hurt when he got booted off. What did you think of the deep fried meatloaf?? Funny that they actually liked it!

Hard to believe Rory is still hanging in there. Anyone have preditions for next week?
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:33 AM   #20  
Addicted to potato salad!

I felt bad for Salmon, but I'm starting to actually like all of them. I don't know, though...when you think about it, can you actually see a show with any of them? Maybe Amy, but she doesn't seem like she'd be very unique.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:48 AM   #21  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Techwife, you said exactly what I've been thinking. I don't think any of them would be good on a TV show. There isn't anything unique in the whole group. It isn't that I dislike them all, but they are really very ordinary. And, none of them seem to really jump out as a great food expert.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

I agree Slashnl. None of them are really engaging to me. I cannot stand "JAG." Adrien reminds of Tyler Florence. Rory reminds of Giada because of her huge smile. Paul and Amy are just too boring. I think that just as long as the winner isn't JAG, I'll be happy.
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:18 PM   #23  
Running to Catch Up

S/C/G: 261/ticker/150

yeah, I don't have any favorites this season either. Last season, I just LOVED Guy. There was something about his personality that was so engaging. Ironically, I admit I don't even watch his show now though.
Minty Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #24  
Diane

That's funny, MintyFresh. I was the same way about Guy, but I don't watch his show either!!
Actually, I can't say I've ever watched those two guys that won either. How about you? Are they even on??
Old 06-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

They're early Sunday morning. I didn't want Guy to win, but he has grown on me since. I don't watching his cooking show, but I watch the Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. I like the idea of that.
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:48 AM   #26  
Pending Email Confirmation

i was disappointed that Salmon left - but he didn't really define himself as much. I am starting to really like Paul at this point. I think that Amy doesn't really have the right personality for TV, and I just don't like Rory, and I agree Adrien reminds me of Tyler Florence - only with less of a personality. Jag isn't my favorite still, hubby likes him a lot, I just think that you can't have someone who runs hot and cold.
Seems like they haven't had to do a lot of the important on-camera, cooking show type challenges that they made people in past shows do. I like this group better than the past two groups - but I also don't want the two guys that won (i have and i think their show sucks, plus it got relegated to the grave yard time slot). I am not a fan of Guy's Big Bite but if nothing else is on, i'll leave it on. I like his Diners show but think he's almost TOO much personality for a show where he has to interact with people. I have the same complaint about some of Rachel Ray's shows though.
Cant wait to see what happens next... it should be interesting.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 198/148/125

Height: 5'2"

Default What the?

Was anyone as disappointed as I was to see Paul go? MAN. I am kind of like, "whatever" now. They've voted off everyone that I really routed for.

Now it's down to Rory, Jag, & Amy and I can't decide out of those three whom I would want because like some people mentioned, none of them are stand-outs. I can't picture any of them on their own cooking show.

This is my first time tuning in so I can't go on anything that has happened in the past. I do know that I love Guy!
Lyds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #28  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I did not like how Rory acted during the Iron Chef part when she was covering the floor.

Jag was just so very depressed by his own cooking.

I think Amy did an outstanding job on the floor.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #29  
Diane

Not a very colorful group of people left. I don't see that any of them will be dynamic enough for a food show.

Just gotta say that I am looking forward to season 3 of Ace of Cakes. Love that guy and the whole group!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #30  
Running to Catch Up

S/C/G: 261/ticker/150

I sadly have lost complete interest in who wins now that Paul is gone. He was very entertaining.

Personally, I don't see why they keep Rory and Jag around at this point. Dozens of times they mentioned that Jag is too emotional and uncontrollable when it comes to his anger. Rory just bugs the heck out of me.

Amy is fine, but she doesn't have that "ooohhh" factor for me.

What is Ace of Cakes?
Minty Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote