General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:04 AM   #91  
Pending Email Confirmation

techwife - i did mean all the little hidden clues. things you don't pick up on because you don't realize that they are important in the first read - but become very telling if you re-read them all.

i don't enjoy the movies as much, but they are good and I just finally saw a trailer for it and now I'm excited.

racing through the books as fast as i can, i'm more than half way done with#3 now.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:43 AM   #92  
Addicted to potato salad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziness View Post
techwife - i did mean all the little hidden clues. things you don't pick up on because you don't realize that they are important in the first read - but become very telling if you re-read them all.

i don't enjoy the movies as much, but they are good and I just finally saw a trailer for it and now I'm excited.

racing through the books as fast as i can, i'm more than half way done with#3 now.
I've heard that term before, and thougth I knew what it meant, but thought I'd officially ask so I'm officially sure.

One of my best friends had never seen any of the movies before, so last summer she rented all four movies and her and her husband spent a sunday watching them all for the first time in a row. What an experience that would have been to see them all grow up like that in one day. Cool.

My DD is on about page 100 of Order of the Phoenix. I want her to read it before the movie comes out...or at least a good chunk of it. She's thirteen and usually reads books about Lizzie McGuire or some other teenage drama. I really want her to get the feeling of sinking your teeth into a really good read.
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:10 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

"one cannot live while the other survives"

I love the Harry Potter series, I have gotten each of the books on the exact day at midnight that they have come out

My fiance isnt so keen, he actually scolded me for putting a deposit down on a copy of the 7th book. I cant wait for it!

So many awesome theories, like Harry being a horcrux, and possibly having to kill himself to kill voldemort (one of my personal theories, I dont think many have come up with this one yet)...just the sheer suspense, its soo exciting.

I could put the emphasis on Harry killing himself.

I've also heard that Molly Weasley is one of the mains to go! Close to the beginning. Fleur and Bill are getting married as well, right?

So that might be a conflicting plot line there!

Last edited by Casandra; 06-28-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #94  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin...

For all you Alan Rickman/Severus Snape fans: Now available at Borders!

info from bordersmedia.com
Severus Snape "action figure": Professor Snape strikes an intimidating pose in our exclusive Series One action figure. Complete with wand and base, the figure can be used for play or displayed as a collectible.

I'm going to get mine now.

Harry, Voldemort, and a trio of Ron, Harry and Hermione are available too but does that really matter?

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 01-22-2008 at 06:33 PM.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

And we thought we were hardcore:

HP Tattoos!
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:31 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotterybarn View Post
And we thought we were hardcore:

HP Tattoos!
I can do better-did I mention my son's first middle name (he has two middle names) is Phoenix?

aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:34 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
I can do better-did I mention my son's first middle name (he has two middle names) is Phoenix?

Awww! So cute!

So what made you decide againt Remus

On a total side-note, I actually knew a Nymphadora as a child. She was one of the (very) elderly women at the nursing home I volunteered at. If I remember right, she's one of the ones we celebrated a 100th birthday with.
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:56 AM   #98  

Actually, it was a close tie between Phoenix and Sirius.

We chose Phoenix because his second middle name is Tyree, which was my deceased grandmother's maiden name. We did it as a tribute to her, and put Phoenix with it to symbolize dying and rebirth-like the legend of the Phoenix.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 298/268/150

Height: 5'0"

How cool that you honored your grandmother like that. I love how you did the middle names.

One of my friends, another avid Harry Potter fan, has talked me into seeing the 7th movie the 1st weekend is out. We had planned on the 2nd weekend but she has decided she can't wait that long. But we are both getting our books as soon as the hit the stores.
TeresaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #100  

I plan on being at the store to get my book around midnight!
Old 07-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #101  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I am just going to do the regular routine at Sam's Club, enter earlier during business member hours and get 2-3 copies for myself and my sisters. There is no way we can wait for the other person to finish the book, even if two of us are in the same house

On another note, my local Borders book store DIDN'T have the Harry Potter figures I mentioned in a previous post (even though their Email advertisements said it was available in stores now), but I did find the figures on Ebay. I managed to win a Snape figure for around $26--the advertised regular price online is around $14.99 -- $17, excluding shipping of course, but it's not being released until September or October. Some ebay sellers have the Snape figure listed at $89.99 Buy it now, and some other bidders have actually bid up a figure to $64.99--that's crazy! Especially when other sellers have the same thing listed starting at $17.99.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #102  

Some Ebayers are CRAZY. I was just on there yesterday, and a seller had a new backpack from The Childrens Place listed for over $30. I messaged her and told her they were selling it AT The Childrens Place for $15.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #103  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I preordered the next book from Amazon.com and it's supposed to arrive on the day it comes out. It worked well for me last time so hopefully it will work again!

I've been rereading the whole series and I'm on Half-Blood Prince right now (about 1/3 of the way through). I got a neckache from reading too much! My favorite theory from all the ones I heard after HBP was that Snape was in love with Lily.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:30 AM   #104  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
My favorite theory from all the ones I heard after HBP was that Snape was in love with Lily.
I agree 100%. It explains a LOT!

I never pre-order things. Around here, they get tons of stock in stores...except for the store I'M pre-ordering from and then I see the item I want all over, but have to wait for Fed-Ex to deliver mine the next day. So, I've learned to just take my chances that the item I want will be available at either Walmart or Borders or wherever.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:32 AM   #105  

I also have a question....I've seen the trailers and saw Johnny Depp's wife (the one that played the mother in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the bride in the Corpse Bride) and wondered what part is it she's playing?