Vitamins,proteins,fluids...

• Do you think its a good idea to take vitamins,protein source,and lots of fluids everyday..only eating something every couple days?
    Are calories a nessecity? if so a lot of liquids have calories like milk ect...
    I kno you body needs fats and fiber and some carbs too right? milk and other drinks once again have those things ..
    would that count? in replace of eating no solid foods on the days that you dont eat?
    I think that may be a good way of loosing some weight and still consuming your bodys essential needs. Also can help cleanse your body maybe? What do you think? =) many replies is always fun!
  • Since you asked, I think it's a terrible idea. I think we need food and calories for optimal health. Why would you even want to attempt something like that?

I think the best way to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF, those being the key words, is to eat a sensible diet with highly nutritional foods - low fat proteins, whole grains and vegetables. Something that is sustainable for life. Not some quick fix that you can't possibly keep up with and when you "go off" of it you quickly regain whatever weight you took off and then some. Think longterm. What can I do forever and ever that will help me take the weight off and then allow it to stay there? You also didn't mention exericse. Exercise is a vital component to any weightloss plan.

There are many different "diet" plan forums here on 3FC. Why not take a look around and see if any of them are of interest to you?
  • horrendously bad bad idea. Vitamins are not a replacement for food. They are a SUPPLEMENT. which means "in addition to".

Your body needs food, calories, real stuff. Wrecking your health and metabolism for a "quick fix" is not worth it.

(sniff troll?)
  • No.
  • An really excellent way to end up in the hospital with an electrolyte imbalance. Any weight you lost would be regained as soon as you ate. A sensible food plan with permanent lifestyle changes will get you to your goal healthily.