General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #1  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Default American Idol

Any idol fans out there?

I love the show but I found last night's painful to watch. Simon's facial expressions were priceless. Should be better once they get to Hollywood.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:15 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I thought last night's was pretty uneventful. Maybe I'm just getting tired of watching horrible after horrible audition. I'd rather see the times where people are kinda good, and the judges have to really think about their decision.

I used to love watching the initial audition shows, but now I just can't wait to get into the real competition with real contestants.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Another year of getting obsessive about Idol! I'm proud because last year, DH and I picked Taylor from his initial audition! We said "he's it!". I didn't see any people in last nights show that struck me that way..... so we'll see how the rest of the auditions go! But, we're having Idol parties every week.... so I've been studying up on low carb snacks that I can have! yay! I don't think that Simon was a cruel last night as he normally is.....
and I didn't really care Jewel being there..... I don't think they should have "celebrity guest judges" (IMHO).
Anyway - I'm glad that the show is back on!
Old 01-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #4  

i didnt see any stand outslast night either maybe tonight will be better
Old 01-17-2007, 02:09 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

OMG! What about the lion lady? LOL she cracked us up! I only watch the beginning shows for the laughs and sometimes the middle to see what is p and who can sing, then check the end and see who wins, maybe. I know it's mean and sometimes I feel for some of them but come on...some of those people can't be serious. They have to know that they can't sing. And what always gets me is some of the parents...wouldn't you want to be honest with your kid to save him/her from going thru that and being made fun of? I would. I wouldn't want to break my kids heart but if they truly could'nt carry a tune they have to know. Anyway...too funny. I didn't see the first half but I plan on watching the whole show tonight.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Tonight is NOT going to be better. According to everything I've read, Seattle was the worst audition ever in Idol history.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #7  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivingThanks04 View Post
...some of those people can't be serious. They have to know that they can't sing.
Lots of them know they can't sing. They go for their 30 seconds of possible TV time. A handful really think they are talented, but a lot of the really horrible (or really out there) people are actually aspiring actors or comedians, not singers.

I hate that the judges act like they have it soooo rough having to listen to these people. Umm, if they really cared, then they'd get on the tails of the judges who conduct the first 5 rounds of auditions before anyone makes it in to the auditions we end up seeing on tv.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:20 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I'm glad for the start of the new season. I love watching it. Some of those people have to know they can't sing a lick. LOL. Last night, I thought one girl with really long hair had a great voice, I can't remember her name but she stood out to me.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #9  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Darn it! I missed it! I was out shopping for my son's b-day party and got home after it was done. I did talk to him on the phone when the show was on and he said "all the contestants are sucking and this one guy keeps not wanting to leave after all the judges keep telling him to get out"... My son is 8 years old today and he knows when someone is really bad, his favorite judge is Simon.

I will have to catch it, tonight?
Old 01-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #10  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm only about an hour into the DVR of Idol, and it's driving me nuts!!! I'm right with what you said, JillyBean, I like to see the good but not great singers, mulling over decisions, split decisions, but this is just silly. In fact, in this first hour that I've seen only about two are moving on and they aren't that good. What about the first girl? They spent like 15 minutes on her alone! The girl from Columbia (who did Blondie then Shakira) was DARLING but a baaaaad singer, though her Hips Don't Lie was pretty decent. I think they passed her for her body! LOL

I used to like the show for the bad singers too, but now they just annoy me, but I'll hang in there! I'd like to keep up week to week on this thread though! Idol obsession, here we come!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #11  
One pound at a time.

I heard that Seattle had some really bad people audition.

Simon and Randy really liked the girl from Columbia. She had their attention the minute she walked in.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:59 PM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I missed it last night, maybe tonight. I enjoy watching the first 2 weeks and the last 2 weeks the most. The first is just priceless, both because it reminds me of a Jerry Springer episode and because Simon's comments are just hilarious!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:03 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

[QUOTE=NurseMichelle;1535713]....... The girl from Columbia (who did Blondie then Shakira) was DARLING but a baaaaad singer, though her Hips Don't Lie was pretty decent. I think they passed her for her body! LOL

OH YEAH!...I loved her "personality!"

QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post

Simon and Randy really liked the girl from Columbia. She had their attention the minute she walked in.

HAD MINE TOO!
I watched the first hour with my 23 yr. old daughter (I have no life!) who is staying with me for the week, she couldn't take anymore...me either.

It was obvious there was no Kelly Pickler talent there! Maybe later....
Old 01-18-2007, 08:58 AM   #14  
One pound at a time.

Oh dear Seattle.

I liked the brother and sister. The brother was the better singer. Bit of sibling rivalry when they get to hollywood perhaps.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #15  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I liked the brother and sister too. I actually thought the sister was the best singer, but they were both talented. I look forward to seeing them both.

Carrie Underwood the 2005 AI came into the small grocery store in Checotah Oklahoma on the day before Christmas. She gave my 17 yr. old Step-daughter a $30.00 tip for carrying her groceries out. (this is Carrie's hometown).

Last edited by lilybelle; 01-18-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Closed Thread