General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #1  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Question Anyone know much about Salisbury, MD?

Well, after a complications with the other school I was thinking about going to in the fall, it looks like I'll be going to Salisbury University in Salisbury, MD. The other school, University of North Carolina at Asheville, would not give in at all on the freshman residency requirement, even though I've been living on my own since I graduated last year, don't think I could even fit into a twin size bed (or shower stall), have 3 cats, etc. etc, which is unfortunate considering one of my best friends is moving up there this summer and it would have been nice to know a familiar face.

Anyway, my main question is about the Salisbury area in general. Is anyone familiar with it? I've been doing my best to look around online for information, but tourism sites can say all they want and it could be a completely inaccurate picture. I've even been looking at apartments on the internet, and it seems that prices up there are pretty steep. I was wanting something about as nice as what I have here, and it seems I would have to pay upwards of $1000 a month to get that. Any information about the area, including things to do, the general "niceness" of the town, real estate prices, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Lindsey, I live in MD and I've been all over MD exploring except for that little part that hangs down on the east portion of the state so sorry I don't know From looking at housing, it actually seems to be one of the cheaper areas in MD. I think there is a bit of summer tourism in the general area due to being surrounded by water but that is basically all I know. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #3  
mudbug

S/C/G: 232/215/160

Height: 5'9

Lindsey, Your in luck..I lived there 20 years ago, but still have family that I go visit at least once a year. The area is called "Delmarva" Delaware-Maryland-Virginia. 20 years ago It was a small country town, but alas, progress found it's way there. Don't know too much about the University, but have never heard anything negative.They have a nice mall with good theaters
all your usual resturant chains. Even through all the developments throughout the years ,it HAS kept It's small town feel.The main attraction nearby (30mi) is OCEAN CITY!!! Grew up spending summers at the beach there. They have a boardwalk that spans about 3mi with hotels, resturants, shops, and alot of people watching. The one down side is weekend beach traffic . the summers are humid and warm, the winters are damp and cold.Might see an occasional snow storm. Washington-where I'm from- is only 2.5 hrs away. I know the price of homes have gone through the roof, so I imagine so has rentals.Cost of living on everyday items are about normal.Well, I hope I've enlightened you a little .Goodluck!!!

Rhonda
Closed Thread