General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-16-2007, 07:23 AM   #76  
Addicted to potato salad!

Gary: OUCH!! That had to hurt! See you at the golf course with our hockey teams!! What time is tee time?
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

And that, my friends, is how a deep, sturdy, seasoned hockey team wins!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:03 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 229/SeeTicker/155

Height: 5' 9"

Hi TechWife! I absolutely have a favorite team ... as I mentioned in my second post I AM A PROUD CAROLINA CANIAC ... But I do have an anybody-but-Buffalo mentality, and it's really SOME of your fans and Lindy Ruff that I don't like. Your players are fine ... I especially admire Ryan Miller and Daniel Briere and Chris Drury.

The visiting Sabres' fans were truly horrendous when they came to the RBC Center last year. NO, fans from other teams have never behaved the way the majority of Sabres' fans did, every night. (Not during our run to the Cup in 2002, and not during the run to the Cup last year.) I know you nicer Buffalo fans don't want to hear it, but it was written up in the papers, things got so out of control. Now, as I said before, I know that's not EVERYBODY from Buffalo; I'm sure many of you are lovely!

Do keep in mind, when we talk about making play-offs, the Sabres have made them the last two years but they didn't the three before that. So don't talk smack about my boys ... after all, they have Stanley Cup hangover! If I had to choose between winning a Cup, and then missing the p-o's the next year OR just making the play-offs two years in a row, I'll take the first!

Hockey is a great game, and I understand your devotion to your team. I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo pulls this one off tonight as they will be desperate, with nothing to lose. On the other hand, the Sens are on the verge of a cup and they're in their own house. It should be something!

Go Senators!!!!!!!!!!
babenwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #79  

Babe: Go to page two of this thread and click on the link to a video by the Goo Goo Dolls. Remember that Buffalo has never had a Championship won, either in hockey OR football (that first Super Bowl against the Giants was totally MY fault...due to something I did in a premature celebration during halftime )... watch the video and come join me on the Sabres side of the fence for JUST ONE GAME!! We're very nice and would love to have you as a fellow fan. Lindy Ruff isn't so bad...he's just an old passionate hockey player and usually has the temperment of a lava lamp.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!
Old 05-16-2007, 07:19 PM   #80  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
Gary: OUCH!! That had to hurt! See you at the golf course with our hockey teams!! What time is tee time?
It did hurt a little TECH...but at least my DODGERS won!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
And that, my friends, is how a deep, sturdy, seasoned hockey team wins!
Who asked you for a recap on the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwife View Post
But, he was a LITTLE ACTUALLY A LOT! serious as he and I have been talking about hockey all year and he knows I'm a dedicated Sabres fan that is seriously heartbroken at the moment and then YOU came along and started jumping up and down on my broken, bleeding heart with all of your anti-Buffalo sentiment. Gary was just sticking up for me. YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! I mean, in all reality and seriousness, I'm a Western NY girl and have been a Buffalo sports fan all of my life and come across anti-Buffalo fans all the time. I mean, the Senators don't even appear to be your favorite team, but I've watched every single Sabres game all year. Do you have a favorite team? Maybe I need to make that team my anti-team! ME TOO! And, whatever the Sabres fans did last year during playoffs is just...well, playoff attitude! You said it yourself, the playoffs are FUN! People get into it! Give 'em a couple beers I'LL TAKE A 6 PACK OF CORONAS TO GO PLEASE and they get obnoxious and give a bad name for the rest of us. As for the Hurricanes...they're BINKY-SUCKING BABIES AND I'M GLAD THEY DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR!! :P So, there!! I feel a tiny bit better now. A TINY bit. I JUST LOVE WOMEN THAT KEEP THEIR PAIN BURIED DOWN DEEP

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!
may be the last chance I have to say it until next season...God help me if Briere or Drury get traded over the summer...
(I just saw this broccoli in the smilies! Isn't he cool!)
Good luck tonight TECH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babenwaiting View Post
Hi TechWife! I absolutely have a favorite team ... as I mentioned in my second post I AM A PROUD CAROLINA CANIAC ... But I do have an anybody-but-Buffalo mentality, and it's really SOME of your fans and Lindy Ruff that I don't like. Your players are fine ... I especially admire Ryan Miller and Daniel Briere and Chris Drury.

The visiting Sabres' fans were truly horrendous when they came to the RBC Center last year.****-OO ~ It's hockey! NO, fans from other teams have never behaved the way the majority of Sabres' fans did, every night. We can't help it if other fans are a little wussy. (Not during our run to the Cup in 2002, and not during the run to the Cup last year.) I know you nicer Buffalo fans don't want to hear it, but it was written up in the papers,If it is in the papers it MUST be true things got so out of control.That's hockey for ya! Now, as I said before, I know that's not EVERYBODY from Buffalo; Probably most of them though I'm sure many of you are lovely! Don't bet on it.

Do keep in mind, when we talk about making play-offs, the Sabres have made them the last two years but they didn't the three before that. Is this a history lesson? So don't talk smack about my boys ... after all, they have Stanley Cup hangover! If I had to choose between winning a Cup, and then missing the p-o's the next year OR just making the play-offs two years in a row, I'll take the first! But that's you.

Hockey is a great game, Well, not really, there is no ball involved. and I understand your devotion to your team. I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo pulls this one off tonight as they will be desperate, with nothing to lose. Except the play-offs. On the other hand, the Sens are on the verge of a cup and they're in their own house. It should be something! Rah-rah...

Go Senators!!!!!!!!!!
Let's all go web-footin'....

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:01 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #81  

Nobody asked ... that's the great think about generosity. I can just give and give and give.

Web-footin'??? Is that what they were doing while the Wings were skating circles around them?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #82  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Just looking for a pond to "dunk" and hide in Susan!
Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 PM   #83  

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #84  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

TECH! Back in it.....
Old 05-16-2007, 09:53 PM   #85  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

P.S. Susan...had the song "barefootin'" on my brain...web-footin? what is that anyway? although step-daughter does have webbed toes and she just got home from college in New York this week....my brain is a serious liability...
Old 05-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
....my brain is a serious liability...
... as evidenced by your cheering for Anaheim ...

Wow for Buffalo! But they gotta stop having those weak spells.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #87  
Motivated Beginner

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: 5'6"

Well I have a feeling i'm out numbered on here as an Ottawa supporter, but GO SENS GO!!!

Good win last night, Buffalo fans - but I'm feeling pretty confident we'll take the series! If Buffalo comes back to win it, then I'd have to say they earned it and deserve the cup!

Hopefully, if the Sens wins the cup this year, they don't go and throw it in the Rideau Canal again!
brittH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:13 AM   #88  

I have a lot of faith in the Sens. I'm pretty impressed by them this year.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #89  
Motivated Beginner

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: 5'6"

The Sens have definitly picked it up this playoffs.. It's a general feeling all over Ottawa that no matter how weak or strong we are in the regular season we never, ever make it to round three let alone past round one. But this year, they've picked it up when they need to and really dominated in a lot of areas.

I give a lot of the credit to Alfredson for finally doing his job as Captain this season, and motivating his team! Oh, and our Penalty Kill
brittH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:52 PM   #90  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

QUACK ~ QUACK ...we're back ~ back.....and oh so mighty

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:01 PM.