Are you the jealous type?

• I am not and thankfully my hubby isnt either..
    when were dating and we went to clubs he let other men buy me drinks without getting upset because he said it will save him money lol...
    and he says that Im a big girl and I can handle my own till someone crosses the line ... i love not having a jealous man

so are you the jealous type?
  • Nope, but I let my husband think I am because it makes him happy.......

The reason I'm not jealous, though, is that I trust my husband beyond all bounds.
  • I used to be terribly jealous....I had alot of women after my man. But after being with him for 17 years, having two children with him, I'm not anymore. He's still a hunk, but I trust him totally. I think that was the problem at first, no trust and I didn't know him all that well.

He still gets jealous once in awhile, but I am a huge flirt. But I am all his (I just love to flirt!).

Starting weight 209
    Today's weight 153
    Still 5'7"
  • Sometimes, when my old insecurities sneak back. I am more self confident in myself but sometimes things do get to me. It is something I have been working on.

-interesting thread
  • my bf is a terrible flirt...and sometimes i act jealous too cause i also think he likes it (and he does the same for me...and i do like it when he acts jealous, lol), but for the most part it doesn't bother me. it did early on in our relationship but, not so much now. i don't think the real issue is necessarily jealousy so much as its crossing the line into possessiveness. i think a little bit of jealousy in a relationship is healthy (i said a little bit!) for me at least, it helps to remind me that there are other women out there who would jump at the chance to be with my man and that helps me not to take him for granted as many people are prone to do.
  • It depends on who is flirting with DH. If it is one of my dance buddies, who do it for the simple purpose of embarassing him-I don't care, and I think if they flirt with him it is hilarious! If a woman makes eyes at him at the store-I laugh.

However...on the other hand, there is one of DH exes that STILL (he and I have been together for 10 years) hangs around my MIL and DH's family, and still finds reasons to show up at their house, and has MIL babysit for her children-HER I could strangle in a heartbeat.

So, it depends on the people involved, and the situation.
  • I don't think it really has to do with trust but your own personality. I trust DH 100%. I'd be more worried about him being in love with work rather than another woman. That doesn't mean that I couldn't feel a twinge of jealousy from another woman trying to hit on him. He probably wouldn't even recognize it if it happened but I would!
  • I used to get really jealous when other women would flirt with my DH. Now the tables have turned and he gets a little jealous that other men flirt with me when we're out. I love it. He actually says it's "flattering" to him that other men now flirt with me. But, let me get all dressed up to go shopping and he questions why I did my hair,, put on nice clothes, put on make-up and such. LOL. I just explain that I looked frumpy for a long time and I want to look and feel my best now.
  • I think Idealperson has mirrored anything I could've said. Except change 17 years to 10.