General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 11:27 PM   #31  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I collect turtles and I collect Yoda. My turtle collection is quite impressive and my Yoda collection is so-so. Unfortunately, a large part of my turtle collection is in a box because I have no where to put them right now.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:38 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

All this talk of collections made me go out and look for a new duck for DD. Here is what I bought:

ducks.JPG

She collects ducks AND is a musician!
Old 03-31-2007, 11:56 AM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Those duckies are soooo cute!
Old 03-31-2007, 06:02 PM   #34  

ok this may sound odd but i collect the victoria secret pink collection. it started out as i just liked the clothes. but then they would get new sweatsuits in like every 2 weeks. and it became like a race for me to get all the colors. and also in the bigger cities they have a totally different line called rich pink girl and you can only get it in store so i have been getting those on ebay and when i go into big cities. i am obsessed although i have slowed it down. there for a while though i was getting kinda crazy with it. i would say i have over 50 pairs of pink sweatpants
Old 03-31-2007, 07:00 PM   #35  
Pending Email Confirmation

fun to see where other people's interests lie. I have a pretty large collection of Faeries, goblets, both my hubby and I are bibliophiles... I was just mentioning to friend today that if we ever get a house it HAS to have a room we can make into a library. I don't feel too bad about buying books because I read them over and over if I love them and pass them on if I don't.

I used to collect piggies too. Had too many to count, I have since narrowed my collection down to a few favorite pieces, which are stored for now. Along with my faeries and goblets. Just no place to put stuff in my apartment.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:10 PM   #36  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

When I was first married, 20 plus years ago I collected Bosson Heads and Hummel figurines. That got expensive. When we moved 3 years ago I decided I was going to sell the Bosson's on e-bay, still haven't got round to it. My husband said he's going to start selling stuff on e-bay we'll see.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #37  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

For the most part I'm a purger, not a collector. In my stepmom's world, everyone collects an animal (she collects owls, my step sister-in-law collects chickens, my step-sister collects teddy bears) and she tried to get me started on cows but eventually I managed to put a stop to it. I like surfaces to be uncluttered; nothing looks better to me than a completely bare countertop.

But with all the books I have around here, I guess you could say they border on a collection. I would really like to own the full canon of Nero Wolfe novels in hardback but haven't wanted to spend the money to acquire them yet.

I also have a small collection of lizard beanbags, which got started because I have a tattoo of a lizard on my wrist. But I really try to keep the lizard stuff to a minimum. For a year or two my SO and I collected all the free promotional bobbleheads for the Oakland A's, but it was such a hassle getting them that we've given up on that collection.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #38  
Token Vulcan

I collect state quarters, a penny for each year, and elephants. I'm not overrun with them or anything but I really am partial to collectibles of elephants. Oh yeah, and some classic Star Trek memorabilia (albeit not the expensive auction stuff, lol).

Live long and prosper!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #39  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

My Little Ponies..
Old 04-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #40  
I heart Damon Salvatore

S/C/G: 196.0/160.0/179.0

Height: 5'3"

i guess you could say i collect buttons, i have tons of buttons with different pictures and sayings on them..some of which i wear on the vest i have at work.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 PM   #41  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

What do I collect? Dust.

Jo
Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 PM   #42  

I collect.....horses...real live ones (I do horse rescue) but also Breyer since I was a kid, horse tack and anything in the shape of a horse.

and antiques.
Closed Thread