General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 12:14 AM   #1  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Default Weight Loss Spa?

Has anyone ever been to or know of anyone who has been to a weight loss spa? I checked out spafinder and they had a few listed in UT, CT and VT (and maybe elsewhere).
I was thinking of maybe doing this type of thing for vacation this year.
What do you think?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:48 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

Bumpity Bump.

Nobody?? Does anyone know what I am talking about or am I being confusing......?
I mean, I am sure that not many have been, but have you thought of going, maybe? This sounds like less of a vacation and more of a freaking week of hard work but maybe maybe........
Old 03-15-2007, 10:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've always really wanted to go, but haven't found one in my price range that wasn't "bootcamp" style (I'd collapse the first five minutes there).

There is one in Gilman, Illinois that looks promising "The Heartland Health Spa." A five day stay for two during the week, is only $2050 for two and between $1325 - $1725 (depending on whether you will accept a roommate assigned to you) for one. I don't know if it's co-ed, but if it is, I would love to go with my husband, if I can convince him (it's not his idea of a vacation).

I would also love to hear from anyone else who has gone, has looked into some of them, or has even just thought of going!
Old 03-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

Yeah, they ARE pricey. But, I was thinking of talking my mom into going with me. She seems pretty up for it.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I really like the idea of the buddy discount, so the Heartland Health Spa really appealed to me. If my husband won't go, I bet I could get one of my sisters to go with me (the youngest is a dietician and so healthy and thin, it's intimidating, but she probably would go just for the "girl time" - she and her husband have two boys, 5 and 2), and our "middle" sister has about 20 lbs to lose, and might want to go (she would also probably have the time off from work and the money to go, as she saves her money much better than we do). So when I save up the money, I think it would be so much fun.

I don't think a weekend package would do much for me, I really want a vacation/education experience. I've even thought of the weight loss cruises, but I've only seen the Richard Simmon's ones. I don't know if he's on each cruise, or if the exercise directors all use his "style," if so, that might drive me batty, as I'm not really into exercise that is that "perky."
Old 03-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #6  
Co-Mod

I know, I don't get the weekend idea. Unless one really really wants to go but can't afford a week and feels that that would be money worthwhile spent on the nutrition and exercise education that one gets in 48hrs.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I've always wanted to do it, but don't want to go alone. Who do I ask? I've seen one or two in Arizona that sound fabulous as well as some in California. I like the idea of going away on a vacation, having healthy food served to me and motivating me to get that exercise done. I would prefer the spa treatment over the bootcamp ones, though.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:13 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

When I was a kid my parents used to go to one called Coolfont (sp?) in WVa or Va. It couldnt have been too terribly expensive because...well...it was my parents.

They took me along once. I remember liking it. I think the spa treatments were extra because we didnt get any, or maybe one each.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #9  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

Have you found any of these spas? any recs yet? which were u thinking for the weekend?
It is interesting you are taking your mom - my mom is unmotivated to lose weight or see a personal trainer (funny thing is she sent me to one first to see the effects it had on me) and I wonder if something like this would be beneficial or help her start being healthy. any ideas?
Closed Thread