Have my dream home built.
Have deep pockets and dole out large chunks to all my family and friends.
Sway political affiliations. LOL
Buy a new mini van with GPS, On Star, DVD/TV, one o' them thar fancy fangled sattelite thingy ma-bobs, a car alarm that says "Get away from my vehicle before I shoot!"...you know, the standard stuff.
Spend a couple months traveling Europe.
Spend a month on a cruise ship.
Spend a month in Mexico.
Spend a month on the islands...any islands.
Spend a month in Hawaii with a friend and a relative.
Spend a month a Disney.
Spend a month traveling the states visiting long lost family members.
Then I'd spend the next four recuperating so I could start over the following year.
Go shopping for clothes every day.
Spend a week at a spa, have my hair done, nails done, face done.
Spend a week at a hospital, have my boobs done, tummy done, fanny done.
1)Build my dream home
2)Take the kids to Disneyland
3)Have a "girls" vacation with my mom and sister
4)buy my sis her dream home
5)set things up for my 4 kids schooling (by the time their are grown that will be a good chunk there) lol
6)have a tummy tuck and put my boobs back where they belong
7)move to a warmer climat (I am sooooooo over winters)
8)set up accounts for my kids so life would not so hard for them
9)charity,charity,aharity (mostly for at risk kids and schools)
10) and of course have more kids
First Goal ~Healthy BMI met March 2007
I'm definitely not one of them, but I would:
1. buy my dream home
2. pay off all existing homes for my sisters and brother and all their other bills
3. buy a large house boat and jet skis
4. build a nice cabin on a lake
5. buy homes for each of our kids/step-kids
6. buy me a Hummer and a Lexus sports car
7. buy DH a Corvette and the Hummer truck
8. Take my entire family on a 2 week luxury yacht
9. travel the world
10. give some to charities that I feel are worthy
11. Save money for my kids and step-kids to go to the university of their choice
I would pay off all my family's debts, spend my life doing what I've wanted (travelling all over the world) and buying me a pottery wheel and kiln. I would spend all my time working with ceramics.
I'd get the surgeries for when I've lost all the weight. My teeth bleached. I would give money to donations or to an organization that would actually help the people of other countries. I pay for my parent's retirement stuff.
And so on...it's not really what I'd use my money FOR...but what I'd do with so much...(like working on ceramics).
1) Donate money to my favorite charities
2) Build a huge deluxe animal shelters for animals without homes
3) Pay off my parents house
4) Buy a couple townhomes/condos for myself in areas I'd like to live (here near DC, somewhere in CA, maybe somewhere else as well). Wouldn't buy a stand alone home because I like smaller places and I don't want to do the maintenance on them.
5) Travel more often to more places
6) Open up my own business and make sure DH has his own business. Not sure what I'd do but I had thought about doing a pet kennel company when I eventually retire or maybe I'd work with DH.
7) Pamper myself a little more - some spa visits and such
You can't out-exercise poor eating habits.
-buy a new house (mansion)
-buy a new car, maybe a porche
-make sure my dad would never have to work again
-give to charities
-pamper myself at the spa
-spontaneously jump on a lufthansa plane (1st class of course) and travel Europe for as long as I want or until I get tired of traveling and go shopping everywhere and see everything!
-buy a boat
-buy a puppy
-buy a business so I can be a CEO
1) Buy a huge house in the country with lots of land for a garden & animals.
2) Pay off my family members' debts.
3) Set aside money for my brother to finish his degree, because he's put it off a long time and it would be his biggest accomplishment since he didn't graduate from high school.
4) Set aside money for my nieces & nephews for their college educations.
5) Set up a no-kill animal rescue center.
6) Donate to various worthy causes.
7) Set up a scholarship for people who are unable to get assistance for school.
8) Go on a lengthy vacation to Spain, since that's where I have always wanted to go.
9) Pay for my parents' & in-laws' retirement.
10) Finish school myself.
I can't even comprehend having that much money.. I may die of shock before I am able to do any of my list!
As the previous poster stated, going into shock would be something that would happen to a lot of this if it was something that happened all of a sudden. If we built it up ourselves or what not, then we would most likely know what to do with a billion dollars. Would we really know what to do if we happened upon it? When I answered my "wish list", I answered based on the fact that I wouldn't go into shock and my whole world wouldn't go upside down.
Now a supplementary question to this one about what do you think you would do if you were a billionaire would be would you really want a billion dollars handed to you one way or another ? (family inheritance, lottery, secret MS stock from the 80s, etc)
My answer would most likely be no. Although it is easy to say that now because no one is going to hand me a billion dollars. But I wouldn't want my life turned upside down by money and I think that is what would happen with that much money. So in general, I think I'd try to keep my life mostly the same, I probably wouldn't tell anyone that I had that much money because I wouldn't want them to know. I also think I wouldn't live too extravagantly.
You can't out-exercise poor eating habits.