3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   I have BOOBS, help me! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/106265-i-have-boobs-help-me.html)

shrinkingchica 03-04-2007 03:44 PM

I have BOOBS, help me!

Alright.......

Do any of you ladies have advice for a newly big-busted 23 year old?
I just got my boobs fluffed and I really don't think that I have any clue as to what I am in for. I already have neck pain. Any advice on clothing or anything that you think I should know????

Thanks girlies! :)

cinderly 03-04-2007 03:59 PM

Go get a proper bra fitting. It's intimidating and weird, initially. (Another woman looking at my chest?! HORRORS!) It's also so completely and totally worth it.

When I went for my fitting last June, I was wearing 44DDs. (The largest off-the-rack size at Wal-Mart.) I am embarrassed by how wrong I was on my size. (I now wear a 42 DDDD. :o )

One of the things a wrong-size bra does to you is put most of the pressure for support on your shoulders. According to my bra fitter, about 90% of a bra's support should come from the band, not the straps. I'd still like to lose a few cup sizes, but my neck and shoulders don't ache from carrying my boob-weight all by their lonesome any more. (I also look a lot better -- and thinner -- since my boobs are up where they should be. ;) )

Another thing I've learned - those of us with extra in the chestal region can't wear halter-style bras. Again, it places the burden of support on your neck, which is not-so-great if you've got any weight in the chest area. (Halter tops are a different story altogether.)

Hope that helps and wasn't WAY TMI.

ennay 03-04-2007 04:25 PM

amen on the professional fitting (I dont know where you live but look for places that specialize in hard to fit..or nordstroms) and...by fluffed I am assuming you mean boob-job? How long ago? Because you may want to buy only a couple bras at first until things settle out. I think it takes 6-8 weeks for them to settle and inflammation to not be a factor (Most of my research is on the reduction side)

make sure you have a very very very good sports bra - I actually go for quite a bit of compression to keep the girls in place when I run (34G/H)

In general once you get above a D there is no such thing as a good cheap bra

EZMONEY 03-04-2007 10:24 PM

I got nutin' here ~ but you KNOW I had to look ;)

alinnell 03-04-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 1597190)
I got nutin' here ~ but you KNOW I had to look ;)

Gary, Gary, Gary......well, at least we expected nothing less of you!

EZMONEY 03-04-2007 11:53 PM

MY reputation speaks for itself ;)

lilybelle 03-05-2007 01:17 AM

I had to check this just to see what Gary had to say. LOL

melekalikimaka 03-05-2007 01:33 AM

I've got nothing to offer here either because my 'girls' are just, well, little girls :lol: Watching this thread with interest though.

shrinkingchica 03-05-2007 12:35 PM

Ennay----yes "fluffed" is my pretty way of saying lifted and augmented. Which needed to be done and I am happy with it, but it is very very strange. I got them done five days ago so it is early days yet but it looks like I'm going to be a D or something and that is coming from a nearly B, so v v different. I know that I am going to have to get resized and everything. We do have nordstroms round here, so maybe that is an idea. Does anyone know if victoria's secret does a good job sizing and what there favorite bra is? (Really, really sorry if this is all tmi, so don't worry cinderly your advice was all helpful and appreciated ;)).

And Gary.......I KNEW that a headline like that would catch your attention hahaha. :lol:

Marti 03-05-2007 12:52 PM

Only 5 days ago? Give yourself some time to heal and the swelling to go down and then go for a fitting. It took me a good 3months or more (I can't remember) for all swelling to go down before I felt it ready to get sized.

So for now.....just enjoy them. :D

cinderly 03-05-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingchica (Post 1598048)
We do have nordstroms round here, so maybe that is an idea. Does anyone know if victoria's secret does a good job sizing and what there favorite bra is?

Thumbs up on Nordy's -- they have a great selection, and our local bra fitters are awesome! (One of them gives off this "I've seen everything - you could not POSSIBLY shock me" vibe.)

No idea on Vicky's. We don't have them here, and I keep forgetting to check them out when I'm down in the states. :) (I'm usually too busy finding the nearest independent yarn shop, followed by the nearest Lane Bryant.)

ennay 03-05-2007 02:14 PM

Nordstroms does a better job than Victoria's in my experience. They also have a better selection of bras. Even if you want to buy Victoria's bras, get fitted at Nordy's for shopping elsewhere.

I would get a soft cup (no underwire) for now until you are fully healed and in your final size and then go get resized.

lilybelle 03-05-2007 02:37 PM

shrinkinchika, I so want that same procedure done. Let me know how it goes. I see my Dr. in April to see if he approves of me having this done.

nelie 03-05-2007 03:25 PM

I was wondering what fluffed meant! I thought all of a sudden you got some major boobage overnight.

When I get to my goal, I'd like to get some tucking and lifting done although I don't know if I really would.

marbleflys 03-05-2007 03:39 PM

I've had a so-so fitting at Vicky's.....but appreciate the info. regarding Nordy's.

I agree with others, give yourself at least 2-3 weeks to allow for the swelling to go down.

At the moment I'm a very big C but think might need a different style or a D. I hope my local Nordstrom has some suggestions. it's not weight gain, but the BC pills!