General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #1  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Unhappy How is everyone doing in the Midwest/South??

I've been hearing all day about these horrible tornadoes and bad weather in the Midwest and South, and just wondering how all of you are doing that live in these areas. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Its doing the freezing rain thing here in central wisconsin. Kids were all home from school. I took my daughter with me to the "Y".
Old 03-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #3  

I heard the freezing rain was coming in again. Most of my family all live in Iowa.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm in south AL.... we were/are under watches all day and a warning at the end of the school day.... oh... to spend an hour or more in the hall with the kids.... they actually did well... it was happening during dismissal time and we ended up getting out late... lots of rain! What always gets me is how parents will come in the middle of the storm, it the worst part of it to check their kids out of school! Let's see... which is safer- the hall of a brick building... or a car?? hmmmm??? ok.. off my soap box... I understand being worried and concerned...but we really are taking care of their babies....
Old 03-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #5  
Teresa59

I live in Northwest Iowa and we are having a full fledged blizzard. Everything is closed. I just pray we don't lose electricity cause it will get awfully cold. Teresa
Old 03-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 6

I live in Minneapolis, MN and it is really snowing bad here. I am snowed in at work... talk about a nightmare!!!! I work at a hospital so I am working around the clock... from 3pm today until 4:30pm tomorrow because of the snow. Its just easier to stay and work than try to drive in the crazy weather.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

If you go to intellicast and see that pink line thru the Great Lakes ... that'd be us. Raining one minute, snowing the next and ice pellets in between. Yick!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #8  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

I'm in Minneapolis too, Mandi. Sorry to hear you're stuck at work. I'm actually in Minnetonka and we've got over 12 inches here at our house already today. Now they're saying on the news to expect nearly twenty inches total by midnight. Glad we have a snow blower. So by the end we'll probably have over 3 feet of snow on the ground here by Friday night. Haven't seen that deep of snow in years and years! We're going to go snow shoeing on Sunday and celebrate all this snow!

Hope everyone in the tornado zones are OK!

Beth

Last edited by CinnamonGirl; 03-01-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #9  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Here in East Tennessee its wet. Been raining all day long. Thank goodness we havent had any bad storms or tornado watches.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:36 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

PRAYERS for you REBA and all those families hit by the tornado that hit that high school...I guess some kids were killed...news still coming.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:52 PM   #11  
Addicted to potato salad!

I can't imagine anything more horrible than my kids school getting hit by a TORNADO! Holy Toledo! Reba...I'd probably be one of the morons in the driveway picking up my kid in the rain...imagining my kid being the only one left standing in a storm while all the other kids had already been picked up...or just plain worried.

We had a tornado in our school when I was a kid. It went between our house and school...we all had to go out to the cafeteria and stick our heads between our knees up against the wall while the teachers paced back and forth. I peeked out from under my arm out the window and it was so intense outside...that was when I got hooked on weather and I've been hooked ever since. The cool thing was that the basketball hoops outside were bent down to the ground so after that, us 2nd graders all had a great time making shots because the hoops were finally down to our level. Scary, though...my mom is still jumpy during thunderstorms. She was out mowing the lawn and the storm came up so fast, she barely made it in the house on the lawnmower! The things you remember. My grampa's 200 pound farm wheelbarrow ended up in the yard two houses from us and grampa lived 7 houses in the other direction. Cool...but scary cool.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Love your story TECH ~ glad you were safe!
Old 03-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #13  

I'm sorry to hear about all of the bad weather all of you are having to go through. My dad called me, who lives in Iowa, and he said they have shut the Interstate 80 down between Iowa City and Omaha Nebraska because of how bad it's gotten today. They were without electricity for two days already and praying they don't lose it again. When I was younger staying back in Iowa during the summer, I was in a tornado and had to go down in my grandparent's basement, and it's something I've never forgotten. The coloring outside, the calmness before it hit, was very scary. All of you are in my prayers.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Rained here quite a bit,but not what I was expecting.The thunder woke me up though this morning.

I'm with you Tech,ever since I was in a tornado while camping,I have been in love with the weather.Camping in the middle of it sucked though.We got up the next morning to see the damage and there were no tents standing,and many of the campers and trailers were tipped over or the insides blown out.I remember seeing a trailer hooked up to the truck both on their sides.Scary stuff...I'm in awe though at what nature can do.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:31 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Checking in from Detroit, the eastern edge of the Midwest and we had weird weather, rain, then heavy snow, then thunder and lightning, then more rain, then hail, then sleet then finally more rain.

Stay safe everyone.
Closed Thread