General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Question Does hair conditioner expire?

I got to looking over all my "stuff" after some of you lovely chickies answered my question about hot oil treatment, etc.

Do you reckon part of my "horse tail" hair could have been because I was using some conditioner that I bought at Price Club? I don't know what year they merged with Costco.

I bought some new conditioner today and what a difference?

I shook the old bottle, and used it but was getting more and more frustrated. Does that stuff expire or lose its umph?

I think I have some Paul Mitchell in the garage. I bought it a long time ago as well. It's in a gallon bottle and I forgot about it until we rearranged the garage. I have a feeling our recycle bin is going to be full of empty gallon bottles this week.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:52 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Not sure MARE ~ but Angie uses only new stuff...me, well I used anything on my hair when I had it! as you can see I "may" have used expired stuff

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:06 PM   #3  
Pending Email Confirmation

I'm not sure if it expires or not, I've had some stuff just get clumpy and gross on me. I find that after a long time of using the same stuff, it stops working as well for me. I usually try to have two different kinds of shampoo and conditioner and switch back and forth... but I'm weird. Some days I need a deep condition, some days I need a dandruff shampoo. Meh. It works for me.

If you've had something that came from Price Club I think it's probably time to upgrade.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:38 PM   #4  

Gary -- you seem to have had the same problem as my husband -- salmonia or something got in both your shampoos and ate your hair right to the root -- you poor thing -- my husband still wonders why the rest of us cut perfectly good hair!!

My hairdress actually says you should not use the same shampoo all the time, that you should switch around a bit.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:39 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Just repeating stuff that has already been said . . . I, too, believe in switching things up periodically, because one kind seems to lose its effectiveness over time (your hair seems to get used to it, or something).

Another general rule of thumb. . . try not to mix brands. Brand X shampoo is best complimented by Brand X conditioner. They were designed to go together.
Closed Thread