3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Help!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/105080-help.html)

redhead30 02-19-2007 05:54 PM

HELP!! (not really that serious, just added the emphasis)

I know this is a little weird to put here, but sometimes I feel like I have more friends here than in real life. I met a guy at a bar last weekend and gave him my number - now I'm supposed to meet him for dinner in a couple of hours and I'm freaking out!! I haven't had a date in years and I'm not excited about this guy - can barely remember talking to him...should I cancel??

CinnamonGirl 02-19-2007 06:35 PM

Why not just go out and have a nice time. Just because your not really into him doesn't mean you can't have fun. He might be a great person and you'll change you mind about him or you might make a new friend. Even if it turns out horrible you could gain a great story to tell... "one time I went out with..."

Give yourself a chance to have fun! Making friends is so hard sometimes but it can also be great fun!

:hug: Beth

ennay 02-19-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhead30 (Post 1578832)
I haven't had a date in years and I'm not excited about this guy - can barely remember talking to him...should I cancel??

I wouldnt cancel---you haven't had a date in years...go, have dinner, practice being on a date. It is just a date, not a life time commitment. You might have fun and go out again. You might figure out he is the most miserable dweeb on the planet---so? No second date? At least you are getting your feet wet

Besides, something at that bar made you at least a little interested, is it possible the current lack of interest is mostly nerves?

NurseMichelle 02-19-2007 06:44 PM

Nooooo don't cancel, give the poor guy a chance. He may be really great. Or at least be up front about it, and keep an open mind. If it bombs, chalk it up to experience, if he's a winner, you'll be glad you gave him a shot. But DO let us know how it works out! Someday, maybe you'll marry this guy and tell others the story of how you ALMOST blew him off that first date. OK, not serious, but have a good time. Maybe you'll at least get a new friend out of it!

almostheaven 02-19-2007 07:10 PM

I wouldn't. I mean, what would be the purpose in cancelling. You're not excited but you don't even know him yet. Maybe you'll get excited after the date, maybe not. But you've already made the date. I'd go and if you have nothing in common, simply don't agree to another date with him.

redhead30 02-19-2007 07:13 PM

Thanks!! I knew I could count on you guys to "talk me into it". I'm going to have a quick drink and head out the door. I'll let you know how it goes!!

shelby897 02-19-2007 08:08 PM

You are probably gone by now, hope you had a great time!!

Just wanted to let you know -- that's kind of how I met my husband 12 years ago -- he called, I wasn't terribly interested but my mother -- in her blunt attitude -- said to me "what else would you be doing tonight? Why not get out and you may have a good time".

ennay 02-19-2007 08:59 PM

lol the first time dh tried to take our friendship romantic (ok ok, it was less about romance, more about sex) I told him I wanted to be just friends.

Michelle 02-19-2007 09:19 PM

I'm so glad you decided to go. Please keep us posted how it all turned out!!;)

redhead30 02-19-2007 09:22 PM

I'm already back - so that should tell you guys how it went. 1st of all - he's way too young for me...and he's just not my type. I'll probably stay friends with him, but there was certainly not any sort of spark.

Thanks again for all the encouragement - I'll always have wondered about it if I didn't go...

shelby897 02-19-2007 09:40 PM

Well, it doesn't sound like he was incredibly creapy, nasty, etc. so -- a learning experience as to what exactly you are looking for right? Enjoy the rest of your evening. And, on the upside -- bad dates always made me enjoy living alone that much more!!

Michelle 02-20-2007 12:27 AM

Thanks for the update! Well atleast you went and now you know and don't have to ever wonder again.;)