General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #16  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

I have worked in the same hospital for 27 years. I've been in Peds/PICU for the past 20 yrs. We also get pulled to the nursery, NICU and the Post-Partum floor that we have dubbed "the land of lochia" or "the fundus floor" and, as you can see, not my favorite place to go. I'd rather stay with my peds patients. I work in a large teaching hospital on the outskirts of Baltimore City and not so far from a very high income county, so we deal with every range of socio-economic crazy that walks in our doors. Still, wouldn't do it any other way!
Old 02-10-2007, 09:56 PM   #17  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

I am a student nurse in a BNS program. Not sure what I want to do when I graduate yet.. . It's great to hear about everyone's experiences though! Keep em coming
Old 02-12-2007, 11:53 PM   #18  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I had no idea that there were so many nurses on here. It's kind of fun to hear all the different places that people work. All the different fields in nursing is a big reason that I became a nurse. It's knowing that if I start a job that I don't like, I have lot's of other options to choose from! However right now I love my job!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:22 AM   #19  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

I just wanna keep bumping up this post til I hear whether or not the new grad passed the boards yet !!! Still crossing fingers!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

I've been a nurse for three years. The facility where I work is long term care and rehab. My patients range in ages from 32 to 103! I love it but my dream is to work in forensics.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:54 AM   #21  
loving my beautiful self

Has anyone done travel nursing?

I think I would love to try it. Although I don't know that I want to work in the hospital, which is what I would have to do for a while before even travelling.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:57 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

One of my stepdad's friends is a travel nurse. He loves it. The money is great and many times he gets awesome bonuses, not to mention his housing is paid, the locale's are sometimes exotic (think ft. lauderdale, key west) and he meets great people. It's perfect for someone non-committed and without children. Otherwise the stress of being away from home for sometimes months at a time could take it's toll.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:02 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I know a gal who does contract assignments, 12 weeks or so. Her husband has his own business so once in a while he goes too. No kids.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #24  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
I just wanna keep bumping up this post til I hear whether or not the new grad passed the boards yet !!! Still crossing fingers!!!
Thanks Michelle,

No word yet. She took the test on Saturday and didn't sound chipper when she finished. I'm hoping she'll be able to find out sometime today or tomorrow.

Thanks for keeping everything crossed for my CC (her nickname).
Old 02-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #25  

By the way, we were told that effective in April 2007, the NCLEX pass rate will be raised once again....
joy joy... I won't be taking boards till June.
Closed Thread