General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #16  

Stacy does have a pear shaped body but she does not seem to be overweight!

If you are on your ideal BMI, being pear shaped is actually good for your health!

There's 2 types of obesity: Android (masculine) and Gynecoid (feminine).
Now android means heavy on your upper body and belly which actually reflects your heart's condition.(belly circumference is proportionate to arterial atherosceloris)
Gynecoid means heavy on your lowr body and thighs. Which is because of estrogen and active estrogen is good for heart (ofcourse this would not count if you are overweight, this is just about proportions)!

So someone with 34-28-36 may be healthier than 32-24-32!!!

BTW, I hate stacy's gray streak
Old 01-19-2007, 11:07 PM   #17  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmakeit View Post
BTW, I hate stacy's gray streak
Old 01-20-2007, 03:48 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

I don't know why people always have a bad idea about being pear shaped. I LOVE being peared shape. I LOVE having hips. I LOVE that my body looks COMPLETELY different from a man's. I think being a pear, for me, is ideal! I just can't say how much I love it. I love knowing that regardless of my size that my waist will ALWAYS be the smallest part of my body.

I am TIRED people saying peared shaped as if it is bad thing (even the medical establishment loves the pears :P ). I rather be a pear than an apple or a ruler any day. WOMEN IT'S TIME TO EMBRACE THE HIPS!!
Old 01-20-2007, 08:11 AM   #19  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Actually, there is a WNTW book "Dress your best", and in the book, they show photos of how to dress for different body types. Stacey is the model for dressing an hourglass figure, not the pear figure.

I love the show also, and would love to be on it, when I get to my goal weight. I would especially like for Nick to do my hair, as would my daughter. His website shows that he charges $400 for a haircut and 10 minute blowdry, so I think the only way I would ever have him doing my hair is to be on the show. I can't imagin ponying up that kind of money otherwise.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hourglass? really? How interesting cuz apparently I'm not the only one who thought she was a pear. Hmmm ....
At any rate this turned into a thread cheering for the beauty of pears!
Old 01-21-2007, 04:19 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Stacey is 5'7",( I would not say pear shape)-very slender-probably 120ish, chain smoker and the gray streak is natural, and the nose is due to her Jewish heritage-don't think she would change that for the world.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:33 AM   #22  

i don't think of myself as pear shaped, i think of myself as having curves.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #23  
I need buddies on MSN. D:

S/C/G: 240/159.5/140

Height: 5'6"

I looove Stacy and Clinton and What Not to Wear. I want to have a friend nominate me for the show and let me know so I can dress like a bum for a few weeks while they secretly video tape me. $5000 wardrobe.... *sigh*

Stacy looks awesome though yep.
Closed Thread