General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 10:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

Default When 30 is Awesome!

This is for all you girls 30 years and over... And for those who are turning 30, and for those who are scared of moving into their 30's...AND for guys who are scared of girls over 30!!!!... This was a monologue by Andy Rooney from the CBS show, 60 Minutes

Andy Rooney said:

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in whom she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a hoot what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant.

Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk & if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons.
Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free".

Here's an update for you.

Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why?

Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

That is the truth, lol! Especially the last part, lol!

The only one I don't agree with is the red lipstick, ick! Ick because I love it but look like a clown wearing it.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

lol ...

only thing I dont get is the "older women" part.... 30 is not older! I'm to young to be an "older woman"

And I look dreadful in red anything
Old 01-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Ennay - the piece was actually originally written with just "older women" - then someone emailing it around attached the age 40 to it...the 30 appears to be new.

It also isn't actually written by Andy Rooney, but its cute.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #5  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

That's good, I was thinking if Andy Rooney was claiming to not be a bald paunchy relic because he was chasing 30 rather than 22 that would be funny
Closed Thread