General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #16  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I got my memory card right at Walmart, it's a Kodak brand, and it has 284 pictures that it holds and it was $19.84, and the camera model I have is the "Kodak Easyshare C433" and I just really highly recommend it. My cousin has the Kodak Easyshare and it's a 6 megapixils, and she couldn't believe that my camera takes just as good of pictures and it was half the price of hers. Just make sure it has a zoom lens. You can go on the Kodak.com website and compare all the cameras and options, and then go on other different websites to compare prices once you find the camera that you want.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I've bought 3 digital camera's for people in my family, mainly I wanted something easy to use (for my 70 year old grandma), and good quality. I went for Samsung, I love love love love it!! I spent around 130 Canadian, so less than 100 USD. Mine has 5.1 mp, 3 times optical zoom, 5 times digital. It takes a regular SD card.

I don't know if it's cheaper to print at home, I work for a REALLY high end printing place and our cost vs what my friends are paying in ink, paper, ink and more ink, it just doesn't even out. Places like walmart are pretty cheap for prints, a good alternative if you don't want to pay for a decent printer.

I disagree about rechargables, it's possible my camera is a battery sucker, but I've had better luck with lithium batteries.

Oh one last thing - take your pictures at the highest quality possible, you can always downsize pictures, but you cannot upsize them. I get a lot of people who have taken their pics at a lower quality and can't blow up higher than a 4x6.

-Aimee
Old 01-09-2007, 11:20 PM   #18  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
One thing I don't like about many digital cameras is the delay after the flash before the picture is snapped. My 3 year old nephew is fast and I mostly get the side or back of his head because he doesn't wait long enough.
Do you have redeye turned on? Turn it off. It doesn't really help anyway. It's better to use the graphics program to remove the redeye. I had that same problem. It would flash (which is to adjust the eyesight and help prevent redeye - but doesn't really), then flash again to take the picture. Turn the feature off and you just get one flash when the picture is being taken.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:01 AM   #19  

http://cameras.kodak.com/?pq-path=453&pq-locale=en_US

easiest way for you to see is go to the site! Yes, they can have cards (I have a camera that has permanent storage & a card slot as well - I've never used the card. The suggested prices you see on the kodak site are typically higher than you will see in the stores.

What you want to buy really depends on what you need it for!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
Do you have redeye turned on? Turn it off. It doesn't really help anyway. It's better to use the graphics program to remove the redeye. I had that same problem. It would flash (which is to adjust the eyesight and help prevent redeye - but doesn't really), then flash again to take the picture. Turn the feature off and you just get one flash when the picture is being taken.
Unfortunately, I checked and I don't have the redeye option. I was hoping that was the problem, but it doesn't seem to be.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:25 PM   #21  
LLV

Thanks for all the super information, you've all been a great help!

~big hugs~
Old 01-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #22  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfena View Post
http://cameras.kodak.com/?pq-path=453&pq-locale=en_US

easiest way for you to see is go to the site! Yes, they can have cards (I have a camera that has permanent storage & a card slot as well - I've never used the card. The suggested prices you see on the kodak site are typically higher than you will see in the stores.

What you want to buy really depends on what you need it for!
It's been so many years ago, but I got a card for mine. We use it extensively for movies as well, and you're really limited on movie time without a card. The card's all we use on ours.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #23  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I had a Fuji FinePix 5.1 mega pixel, it takes XD cards - it was a great little camera, had a nice big screen, lots of options - payd a few hundred for a couple years ago ( a lot less now) the problem I have with standard digital camera's is the quality of the photos taken in low light and also trying to take photos of anything that is moving is a ***** the cameras are too slow.

I say go with Canon, they are the fatest camera's and you wont be disipointed. Go with one of the PowerShot ones - I know lots of people who have them and adore them. They take AMAZING photos.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=5273332 This is an awesome little camera at 7.1megapixels and a very good price. You would not be disipointed with this.

I went with a digital SLR when I bought my new camera - I went with Canon and I will never go back now. It takes pictures SO FAST compared to everything else I tried. The one I linked is a great little camera, I tried it out.

Good luck.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #24  
Starting Fresh

here is the review on that camera I linked
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...anon_sd550.asp

that is a great site for reviews and reading what other people thought of it
there are also sample images taken with the camera, and you can compared images taken with that camera and others
http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/canonsd550_samples/
Old 01-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #25  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
One thing I don't like about many digital cameras is the delay after the flash before the picture is snapped. My 3 year old nephew is fast and I mostly get the side or back of his head because he doesn't wait long enough.
That is a very very common problem with most digital cameras. Like I mentioned, Canon is the fastest camera out there right now - even the lower priced canons are faster. I had this problem all the time when taking photos of my dog (DONT LAUGH!) I got so pissed off I went and bought a new camera, lol.

In the time that I could take 1 photo on my Fugi I can take 5 on my Canon.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #26  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Hi, I always refer people to this website: http://www.steves-digicams.com/
He reviews all cameras, all types.

good luck!
Old 01-12-2007, 11:23 AM   #27  
LLV

Thanks, girls!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:33 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
I had this problem all the time when taking photos of my dog (DONT LAUGH!) I got so pissed off I went and bought a new camera, lol.

In the time that I could take 1 photo on my Fugi I can take 5 on my Canon.
I understand that, too! Everytime I get out the camera around my dogs, they give me that look.....if I could read their minds I'd probably have to censor their thoughts!
Closed Thread