General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 01:46 PM   #16  
I don't look back

S/C/G: 235 / 196.2 / 145

Height: 5'4"

Default Love it!

Yep, it's called "If you could only see", by Tonic. I like that song by the Calling. Have you heard any of their other music? I should check out their CD. Vertical Horizon, I love "You're a God", "Grey Sky Morning". They came out with a CD in 2005, but I haven't check it out. Do you use any music services that allow playlist sharing? I use Rhapsody. I'd love to check out some playlists.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:03 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetyandme View Post
'Queen' "We will rock you..............We are the Champions!"

What is the correct title for the song................?
Those are two different songs by Queen.

As for the question on the thread, I will listen to just about anything. I love 80's music, jazz, classical, metal, punk, etc. I'm not overly fond of the new R&B stuff~probably because I don't like the rap influence. Right now on my ipod I'm listening to Barenaked Ladies and a lot of DD's alternative and screamo stuff but in my car I have Simply Red, Nora Jones and Dave Matthews.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #18  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velveteen View Post
I'm an electronic music junkie, mostly stuck in the 80's. My favourite band is Depeche Mode
I'm stuck in the 80s too! I have a huge vinyl collection, which I never listen to since I got rid of my turntable a couple years ago, but I made it a mission to get all that stuff electronically so I'm not going through withdrawals. You're welcome.

Depheche Mode, The Cure, New Order, Ministry, Nitzer Ebb, Jesus and Mary Chain!...also KLF, NiN...

Then jangly guitar pop like Kitchens of Distinction, Galaxie 500, Pale Saints...

These guys paved the way for current indie bands (all of the following I like) like Broken Social Scene, Pinback, Wolf Parade, Mogwai, M83, Arcade Fire, etc. Love them all.

Also My Bloody Valentine and Slowdive are a few 80s faves for quieter music. Among current quiet bands, Sigur Rós!! Serena Maneesh. Iron & Wine is some awesome super-quiet folky music. Really like Vienna Teng, too. Her song sung from the perspective of a car crash victim (yes, a dead person singing) is so heart-wrenching I won't listen to it anymore.

Liz Phair's I think latest album really grew on me too. I really like it, and I'm not a huge fan of her normally. And on the chick track, I'm LOVING Imogen Heap. Both solo and the Frou Frou project. I group Frou Frou with Faith and the Muse too for some reason.

THE SMITHS!!! Mmmmm Morrissey. Have you seen pics of him lately? He's old! But I love that he's old. He's obviously not getting plastic surgery or anything. He looks so freakin' dignified. It's awesome.

THE DECEMBERISTS!!!! Everyone HATES them on first listen. Listen again. They are a fairly straight up rock/pop indie band, but sooooo amazing. In my top 3 atm.

LOVE some Jpop like the Evangelion soundtrack, Shiina Ringo, Chihiro Onitsuka

For mainly instrumental, Godspeed You Black Emperor is awesome.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:59 PM   #19  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

ANGIE AND I LISTEN TO PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING EXCEPT "METAL"..

WE LOVE COUNTRY FROM EMMYLOU HARRIS AND (THE BEST EVER) PATSY CLINE TO WILLIE ~ WAYLON ~ AND THE BOYS AND TIM ~ KENNY ~ GEORGE ~ ALAN ~ AND TOBY

EVA CASSIDY ~ NORAH JONES AND ENYA TO LINDA RONSTANDT AND KELLY CLARKSON

THE BLASTERS ~ SQUIRREL NUT ZIPPERS ~ BILLY VERA AND THE BEATERS

NEIL DIAMOND TO HARRY CONNICK JR TO BOZ SCAGGS TO BRUCE ~ MELLANCAMP AND CLAPTON

FLEETWOOD MAC TO CCR TO EAGLES TO BEATLES TO STONES TO WHO ETC.

MERCY ME TO THIRD DAY TO AMY GRANT AND ELVIS GOSPELS

WE LOVE AND HAVE ALL KINDS OF MUSIC FROM AS EASY LISTENING OF JIM BRINKMAN TO BLUESY AS BILLIE HOLIDAY

OUR LAST SHIPMENT FROM AMAZON JUST LAST WEEK HAD ERIC CLAPTON AND JJ CALE'S NEW ONE, SMOKEY ROBINSON AND THE MIRACLES GREATEST HITS, ABBA (STOP LAUGHING!) AND THE SOUND TRACK FROM GREASE

I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO GROW UP IN THE LATE (OK, I HAVEN'T REALLY GROWN UP BUT MY TEEN YEARS WERE '67 ~ '73) WHEN WE HAD GROUPS LIKE THE ROLLING STONES, BEATLES, WHO, GUESS WHO, BYRDS, EAGLES, AMERICA, NEIL DIAMOND, ANIMALS, CREAM, LINDA RONDSTANDT AND THE STONE PONIES...ETC. BACK WHEN MUSIC WAS GOOD!

I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU YOUNG KIDS TODAY
Old 01-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 168/190/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
ANGIE AND I LISTEN TO PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING EXCEPT "METAL"..

WE LOVE COUNTRY FROM EMMYLOU HARRIS AND (THE BEST EVER) PATSY CLINE TO WILLIE ~ WAYLON ~ AND THE BOYS AND TIM ~ KENNY ~ GEORGE ~ ALAN ~ AND TOBY

EVA CASSIDY ~ NORAH JONES AND ENYA TO LINDA RONSTANDT AND KELLY CLARKSON

THE BLASTERS ~ SQUIRREL NUT ZIPPERS ~ BILLY VERA AND THE BEATERS

NEIL DIAMOND TO HARRY CONNICK JR TO BOZ SCAGGS TO BRUCE ~ MELLANCAMP AND CLAPTON

FLEETWOOD MAC TO CCR TO EAGLES TO BEATLES TO STONES TO WHO ETC.

MERCY ME TO THIRD DAY TO AMY GRANT AND ELVIS GOSPELS

WE LOVE AND HAVE ALL KINDS OF MUSIC FROM AS EASY LISTENING OF JIM BRINKMAN TO BLUESY AS BILLIE HOLIDAY

OUR LAST SHIPMENT FROM AMAZON JUST LAST WEEK HAD ERIC CLAPTON AND JJ CALE'S NEW ONE, SMOKEY ROBINSON AND THE MIRACLES GREATEST HITS, ABBA (STOP LAUGHING!) AND THE SOUND TRACK FROM GREASE

I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO GROW UP IN THE LATE (OK, I HAVEN'T REALLY GROWN UP BUT MY TEEN YEARS WERE '67 ~ '73) WHEN WE HAD GROUPS LIKE THE ROLLING STONES, BEATLES, WHO, GUESS WHO, BYRDS, EAGLES, AMERICA, NEIL DIAMOND, ANIMALS, CREAM, LINDA RONDSTANDT AND THE STONE PONIES...ETC. BACK WHEN MUSIC WAS GOOD!

I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU YOUNG KIDS TODAY
Don't feel sorry for me! LOL, i know every song to the movie 'Grease'! I chose to listen to different music then what kids today are listening to. They don't make music like you hear from the 70's and 80's anymore . When they made music then, they put their heart and soul into it! Heavy metal and rap today in my opinion just isn't music, it's just people talking too fast or screaming. Plus most songs only talk about 1 thing now-a-days.....sex. There is more to life then that!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #21  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

YAY! A Music board!!!

I am in LOVE with music. I love alternative, emo/punk, metal, indie rock, oldies but goodies, some pop, country, some techno, some classical, just about everything but opera & rap. And I love my 90's music. Nothing really compares to it. I grew up listening to it, and also Country & Oldies..of course.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #22  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikjunky View Post
YAY! A Music board!!!

I am in LOVE with music.
I never would have guessed it by your screen name

What would life be without music? I don't wanna find out.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:44 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

I listen to mainly country now a days. I like the older country, but prefer at least from the 80's to present day.

I also like 80's, anything Elvis, and some classic rock from the 50's and 60's, modern Christian (specially country christina).

Not into most heavy metal, rap, alternative (though there is always an exception for one or two songs). Don't care for some gospel music, but do like the older 'classic' hymns I grew up with.

My favorite artists to listen to are:

Trace Adkins, Toby Keith, The Judds, Alabama, Brooks & Dunn, Garth, Reba, Conway Twitty, Randy Travis, Gretchan Wilson, Sara Evans, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, and Josh Turner.

My daughter, who is 7, absolutely adores Josh Turner, so we spend a lot of time listening to him. She can reconize his song, "Long Black Train" with just the first note, and knows every word.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:57 AM   #24  
Go Cardinals!!

S/C/G: 276/221/150

Height: 5'6

I can listen to just about anything! I like pop, R&B, rap, classic, but what I mostly listen to is country! I like most of the music they play on MTV, but country is probably my favorite.

Right now some of my favorites are The Fray & Toby Keith
Old 02-01-2007, 01:44 AM   #25  
Awesome Iana :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losingme View Post
I love music threads, and in my opinion, there just isn't enough of them. I am hopelessly stuck in the 90's. Most music of today totally turns me off. I love The Wallflowers, Counting Crows, Allana Davis, Blind Melon, Bon Jovi, Collective Soul, Everclear, Gin Blossoms, Live, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Oasis, Tom Petty (although not from the 90's), Soul Asylum, U2, Vertical Horizon, etc. I love the whole Singer Songwriter thing from the 90's. Don't even get me started on music, I could talk all day.
I love the 90's too. I just wish I had been older during the early 90's, so I could've enjoyed the bands better. Makes me mad I missed out on seeing all those awesome bands because I was 6 and didn't know who Pearl Jam was!

But anyway, I like all sorts of stuff.
Alice in Chains, The Rolling Stones, The Cure, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Journey, The Verve, Foreigner, Fiona Apple, Megadeth, Nevermore, etc. lol.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:47 AM   #26  
Pending Email Confirmation

I really like that Vertical Horizon song... Pearl Jam was one of my faves, but i was more like 14 back then. Alice in Chains still is one of my favorites. My all time favorite artist is Ani Difranco though.. I've seen her twice in concert and she is so amazing and inspiring.

I haven't found too many new artists that I enjoy. I do like Corrine Bailey Ray and I think I like Regina Spektor.

Oh and somebody mentioned enjoying anime music. Have you listened to BoA? Not the j-pop princess, but the brittish band that did the theme music to Lain? Oh they are amazing, one of my top 10 artists.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Ain't nothing like Hip-Hop Music!!! I love rap. I remember when Rapper's Delight came out in the late 70s and we were all sitting around the radio just totally amazed. I don't like the direction that some of the music has gone in - for instance the young guys that only rap about sex, money and drugs, knowing they broke and rented all their bling for the video shoot. However, I am a huge fan of reality rappers that rap about their life situations and how difficult it is growing up in the hood. I am huge fan of Ice Cube because his message has evolved over time, I love Ludacris' latest album, particularly the song Runaway Love that deals with the situations that force young girls to think they would do better running away from home than staying where they are. I also like Eminem, Outkast, Queen Latifah and Nas, all of them have vocabularies that are just mind-blowing the way they pull their messages together.

I was a teen in the 80s so of course still love that music as well - Pat Benatar, Duran Duran, Billy Idol, Prince, Michael Jackson (when he was still human) and Sherelle.

Today's R&B is trickier because there are so many "studio voices" that sound horrific live (i.e. Ashanti). True talent is harder to find, but Alicia Keys, Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, Vivian Green, Chris Brown and Neo are a few that I love as well because they can bring it live or on CD and it still sounds great.

Tiki
Closed Thread