3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   People's Half Their Size Issue (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/101232-peoples-half-their-size-issue.html)

Kim_Star060404 01-04-2007 10:28 PM

People's Half Their Size Issue

I just read it and it was AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!! I don't want to give anything away for those who haven't read it yet, but oh my goodness! I don't think I've ever seen anything SO inspirational. (As far as weight loss goes.) It made me want to jump on the treadmill right this instant. I won't because then I won't sleep all night, but I'm definitely going to turn in early and hit the treadmill before work!

Pick it up if you can! These people are beyond amazing! WTG!

PS: 3FatChicks' own Charles was so funny and had such a strong presence in the issue! Thanks for being you, Charles!

thintowin 01-04-2007 10:29 PM

Yes, I bought that issue. It is truly inspiring!

Michelle 01-04-2007 11:55 PM

I did get this issue, and I look it over many times, because it keeps inspiring me!!:p

MaWhit 01-05-2007 02:07 AM

I just read through it tonight. :)

Glory87 01-05-2007 10:42 AM

I thought Charles was GREAT but the woman who said she wore plastic gloves when she baked for her family so she "wouldn't even absorb sugar" was a little :dz: I didn't realize that handling baked goods could make you gain weight!

rockinrobin 01-05-2007 12:43 PM

Yeah, Glory I did find that a bit odd. In fact I think a few of them had some odd things going on, like their meals. One has as a snack pork rinds, one drinks orange juice (too sugary for me). Hey, whatever works for you I suppose. They are certainly doing something right. They looked and are AMAZING.

The thing though that made me laugh was when one said "At 21,I went on a family hike-any my 80 year old grandmother passed me!" That most certainly is motivation for changing ones life.

MaWhit 01-05-2007 03:35 PM

Yeah, they picked one of the really extreme low-carbers. (The pork-rinding glove-wearer.)

alinnell 01-05-2007 03:53 PM

I am so bummed! I just stopped to buy this issue, and it's already gone. They have the new issue out already.....

jtammy 01-05-2007 04:19 PM

The website has some of the same pictures and stories, if you can't get a copy of the magazine. www.people.com/halftheirsize

It was so inspirational!

Rosario 01-05-2007 04:26 PM

My issue never came. SOmebody is stealing my PEOPLE. I haven't gotten the last 3 issues...hmph! But I did get a coupon for a free one so I have to go in search for Jan. 8ths issue.

allinell- sorry! the new issues are usually on the stands on Fridays!

BerkshireGrl 01-05-2007 10:40 PM

I agree, great stories in it!

But I admit I felt a pang of sadness for the woman who, in the process of maintaining, brings her kitchen scale to restaurants to weigh her meat servings. That seems... ugh, horrible to me... but then, to each their own :)