General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #1  
ugggg.....

Default NetFlix

Just signed up with Netflix and need to make my selections. Can you give me some "have to see it" and "don't waste your time" picks?

We are just sending the first two back which were "Must Love Dogs" which was cute and "Cincinati Kid" with Steve McQueen which was hubby's pick, but I have to say Steve McQueen is easy on the eyes.

Next two coming are "Memoirs of a Geisha" - I loved the book and "Walk the Line".
Old 01-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #2  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

"Walk the Line" is an awesome movie. I have heard lots of good things about "Little Miss Sunshine". We get Netflix as well, and have that movie right now. I haven't see it yet, planning on tonight. My husband really liked "Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and I liked "Shopgirl", just to name a few.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

"Little Miss Sunshine" is a roit! No matter HOW dysfunctional your FOO is-you will feel better about it!
Old 01-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Loved Little Miss Sunshine, as scary as it may seem, there really are people like those beauty pageant folk in real life

I prefer foreign films and some of the good ones I've seen are: Brothers, The Perfect Crime, Much Ado About Nothing (w/Emma Thompson and Kenneth Branagh), Millions, and The Importance of Being Earnest.

Other movies that I thought were really funny were the Wedding Crashers and Grandma's Boy--these are the types where you don't really want to think, but just laugh. The great thing I like about Netflix is that you can see all the other movies that an actor/actress has performed in or a director has directed and choose movies from there. Have fun filling your queue.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #5  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Put me down for loving Little Miss Sunshine!! It's a great movie!!
Old 01-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/137/130

Height: 5' 2"

Recommended :
Lost in Translation
Fight Club
American Beauty
Serenity
City of God
American History X
The Royal Tenenbaums
Rushmore
High Fidelity
Shaun of the Dead
Snatch
A Scanner Darkly
The Illusionist

Some of my favorite movies, order them if you haven't seen them already
Old 01-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #7  

I also enjoyed Little Miss Sunshine. It was cute, funny and completely dysfunctional!

I saw that Blockbusters is now offereing the same deal but you can also return them to the local store instead of mailing them back. Has anyone tried it? How do you like Netflix?
Old 01-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Last year, I cancelled my cable subscription and switched over to Netflix. It has been great. I watch a lot of TV shows (no commercials!) as well as check any movie I hear about. DH and I will sometimes get coupons to Blockbuster from DH's parents, so we'll peruse through the aisles and I'll write down movie names to look up when I get home. Then when I get home, I look the movies up and their reviews. Then I add any movies that look pretty decent. My current Netflix queue has over 100 DVDs in it.

So that isn't really a movie recommendation but it is more of my strategy on how I pick movies for Netflix.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:48 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

I recommend Station Agent, Spitfire Grill, Lost & Delirious, TransGeneration.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:07 PM   #10  
Too Thick Chick

S/C/G: 288

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

i love my netflix i had all the movie channels with directv and canceled them and traded for a netflix subscription. i dont like going to the movie store and not getting what i really want. a few i recommend:

the breakup
v for vendetta
talledega nights
accepted
waiting
any harry potter movies
chronicles of narnia
x men movies
i am sam

i could go on and on. i love the friends feature so i can see what others i know think of the movies. i have close to 400 movies in my queue!
Closed Thread