30 Day "Getting to Know You" Challenge! :)
Alright, so I really love getting to know
people and seeing what we share in common.
This is a 30 day "Getting to Know You" game
challenge! :) Each day you answer the questions
below in a new post. I'm not sure how far we'll
get with this but I will definitely post each day. :D
Now, I know we'll all start this on different
days, so just put "Day 1" whenever
you feel like starting. :)
I guess I'll start. :D
Okay, 15 interesting facts about me...
1. I'm nearly 16 and already engaged to the
man I strongly believe is the love of my life. :goodvibes
2. I have never been outside the country.
3. I want to be a policewoman and also a cupcake maker/decorator.
4. I really want a yorkie pup. It's been a dream
of mine for as long as I can remember.
5. I'm Italian but I speak french.
6. Someday I plan on going back to Sicily, Italy
to find my Italian family.
7. I won't drink anything at a restaurant unless
there is a straw. :lol:
8. I have a huge fear of choking on pills. If I'm
ever sick I'd rather wait it out than swallow a pill.
9. I'm really into '60s music.
10. In 2013 I will be an exchange student to
France (hopefully Paris).
11. I admit I feel like I need religious guidance.
12. I've been struggling with family issues/rumors
for as long as I can remember and I no longer
talk to most of my family because of it. I can
do without their back stabbing.
13. I'm not too thrilled about ever having kids.
My fiancé wants to later on down the road. But
I can honestly say I don't really want kids.
14. I want to dye my hair red. I think it'll
look very cute.
15. I got a tattoo of a cursive "J" and heart
for my fiancé for our one-year anniversary. I
want to finish that tattoo since we've been together
for over two years now.
I don't know how interesting these facts are, but here goes:
1) I've been unemployed for 2 months and am still looking for work after my last assignment ended.
2) My car is in the shop getting a new engine put in to the tune of $7000 which is why I'm looking to sell a kidney. :)
3) I'm a crafty person. I love painting, making jewelry and wine bottle night lights.
4) I live with my BF, our 2 Siberian Huskies and 1 cat in a tiny 800 Sq Ft condo. (cozy)
5) I have a tattoo of an ugly rose on my ankle that I despise and would like to get removed. I was 17 and a bit intoxicated when I got it. :dizzy:
6) I'd like to get another tattoo as a reward to myself when I lose all my weight. This time I'll get it when I'm sober....
7) I almost drown when I was 4 years old and now I refuse to go swimming but I love the water.
8) I would love to own a boarding kennel one day - but it would be more like a resort for pets.
9)I'm 35 years old and never been on an airplane.
10) I've never seen the ocean in person.
11) I'm Norwegian, Swedish, Irish, Scottish, Dutch and Czech
12) I'm a jewelry feind. I can't pass a silver jewelry counter without stopping to peruse.
13) If I had the time and money, I'd love to walk from the east coast to the west coast of the US (approx 3000 miles) Anyone want to join me?
14) I want to go skydiving.
15) I'm addicted to coffee drinks. I get weak in the knees for frappachinos!
during the school year when I'm homework stressed.
It's such a nice way to get my mind off things and
relax. :) And wine bottle night lights? Sounds very neat!
I got for my fiancé. I was 14 when I got
it and what I thought I wanted turned out
to be NOT what I wanted. :lol: I'd really
like to get mine removed or enhanced.
seeing a document about a father and son
biking across the country and I thought it
was so neat. It'd definitely be something
interesting to do. :)
I'm Amy...here's my 15
1) when i was 17 i set a goal to be in a bikini by the time i was 25. i lost 50 lbs between the time i was 24 and 25 and fit into that bikini...i've since gained 10 back oops
2) i studied abroad in australia for a semester when i was in college
3) i went bungee jumping in the rainforrest even though i'm scared to death of heights
4) i'm terrified of spiders and have passed out when i saw a HUGE one in the rainforrest
5) i'm a high school english teacher, but HATE correcting my own grammar/spelling when i'm not in teacher mode
6) i didn't have my first kiss until i was a freshman in college because i didn't have time for boys in high school
7) my first high school crush is now one of my best friends...i have no idea how i was attracted to him because he's more of a brother to me now. ewww.
8) my boyfriend calls me booboo and even though pet names have always made me gag, i love it
9) i was more comfortable with my body at 196 lbs than i am now at 155 even though i know i'm healthier...i think it's because i'm always looking at myself in the mirror whereas before i completely avoided them
10) i have one of the most amazing families ever. my cousins are my best friends. my brothers, though they live on the other side of the country, are the two best older brothers anyone could have
11) all my friends are either married or getting engaged and it makes me feel like i'm behind the times, though i'm not ready for either of them at this stage in my life
12) i like to paint my toenails crazy colors.
13) my students think i'm proper and boring, little do they know i once streaked the beaches in fiji and was known as the "crazy *** american girl" for five months on the other side of the world.
14) i like to wear thongs or sexy underwear to job interviews under my suit because it makes me feel more powerful
15) the only reason i really want to move out of my parents house is so i can get a puppy. i have no problem being 26 and living with my parents because i take care of them as much as they take care of me.
My 3FC name is Je M'appelle Sierra.
Which, in french means "My name is Sierra". :)
Thinking of 15 things is hard lol
1. I am a proud feminist!
2. I am a nature loving Goddess worshipping pagan witch!
3. I am a true crazy cat lady I have 4 cats now and I would have a ton more if I had the space.
4. I actually love all animals and my dream would be to have huge land with horses, cows, pigs, llamas, goats, ducks, dogs, cats and more
5. I would do anything to be able to have a puppy and/or a ferret right now :(
6. I am terrified of insects and spiders. But while I will trap spiders and set them free outside or let them stay to kill other bugs. I will scream and cry like a huge baby if a moth gets near me!
7. I used to have pet mice lol
8. I moved around alot growing up. Living in Colorado, Florida, Oklahoma, Kansas, Ohio and now New York.
9. I have traveled to or through most states in the US :)
10. I went to Niagara falls in Canada on my honeymoon
11. I met my husband in an online game
12. Even though I am the biggest baby when it comes to pain I got a tattoo. a pretty butterfly on my ankle and I don't even really think it hurt much lol I totally want a ton more!
13. my biggest dream is to write a novel
14. when I was a kid I so wanted to be a ballerina and still alittle bit sad that I never did follow that dream.
15. I have an insane my little pony addiction lol
Day 2- eh moonkissed is just an old name I used a ton on other websites. My religion has alot to do with the moon and I thought it was special as in kissed by the moon :)
My 3fc name: Amyleigh, is just my first and middle names. I always liked the sound of it together, but no one ever called me it, except for my mom when she was mad. My current boyfriend calls me it because when we first met, it's how I had my facebook name (I'm a teacher and didn't want my students finding me) and he thought it was my last name for the first 3 weeks (we met online).
and no, it has nothing to do with evanescense, though i do adore her
Day 2 - my 3FC name Jenteal. My name is Jennifer but most people call me Jen. Teal was my favorite color for the longest time so Jenteal it was!
I saw a couple of episodes of WifeSwap where
the couples were pegan. It's a very interesting religion. :)
I just love learning about different cultures and beliefes.
I switched from Christianity to Buddhism and now... I
guess back to Christianity? I'd love for you to tell me
more about exactly what peganism is if you wouldn't
mind. It's nice to learn something new every day. :)
This man, without a doubt, is my very best friend.
I feel so incredibly privileged to have him in my life.
We have shared so many inside jokes, tears, and
deep conversations. He is the peanut butter to
my jelly, the lens to my camera, the engine to my car.
I cannot wait to carry his last name and to start a new
chapter in our lives together. :)
The definition I prefer & that I feel makes the most sense is:
For most of us paganism is earth centered spirituality, rooted and inspired by old religious practices and the traditions that surround them.
Paganism has come to be an umbrella term for many different earth religions, polytheistic religions and/or religions and traditions which have been revived from many different cultures. Such as Native American Spirituality, Goddess Worship, Druids & the Celtic spirituality, also Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Norse, etc...
My path is very nature & lunar centered and focused on the feminine and Goddess spirituality. It is mostly just about seeing that nature is sacred, life is scared and paying attention to the natural cycles of the earth and moon mixed in with alot of mythology and symbolism, some meditation and such.
this is me and my 2 cousins. they are my best friends. the one on the left is actually my one cousin's daughter. she's 17 and has been attached to my hip since she was born. she knows far too much about me and i hope we never get into a fight because she has dangerous information haha.
the one on the right is my cousin (the 17 year old's aunt) who i just started to get close to in the last 2 years. i grew up with her, but i was always the little cousin...now that she's 32 and i'm 26, the age difference really isn't all that big. it's crazy how when you get older you realize how your family would be your friends even if you weren't related.
the one in the middle is me! it's at another cousin (actually my mom's cousin's son...who is another one of my best friends) 's wedding. if you can't tell, my family is really close...even the extended family :)
and yes, i am not naked. it's a strapless dress and i have saggy boobs so it didn't stay up very well hahaha.
Sounds very nice and peaceful. Thanks for sharing! :)
And that's definitely not the type of peganism that
wifeswap showed. You're right, they do tend to be
a bit extreme with the people they choose.
A habit I wish I didn't have...
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2