The "What to Order" Game!
Okay, pretend you are out to lunch at a restaurant and didn't have time to look up the nutritional info online. You have decided on a salad. Below are the choices and you have to order and eat it AS IS. What do you think is the best choice and which is the worst choice (only taking calories into consideration).
This are salads from an actual restaurant - and I have the nutritional info, so I'll be back to post the answers later:
• Southwestern Beef Salad Premium ground beef, spiced with a little red chile, is paired with pico de gallo, black beans, corn, red onion, cilantro and fresh avocado. Topped with a mixture of shredded cheeses and served over garden greens with tortilla chips and southwestern ranch.
• Carolina Chicken Salad Fresh garden greens with fried chicken, almonds, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar, bacon, and freshly made croutons. With honey mustard dressing.
• Club House Salad Fresh garden greens with slow-roasted chicken, ripe avocados, grated cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, bacon, and freshly made croutons. Served with ranch dressing.
• Asian Salmon Spinach Salad Garden-fresh baby spinach topped with slow-cooked salmon, edamame, black beans, carrots, chopped egg, and sliced cucumbers. Topped with sesame seeds and wonton strips on the side. With sesame-peanut dressing.
• Sante Fe Chicken Salad Slow-roasted chicken atop fresh garden greens with pico de gallo, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, corn, black beans, onions, and fresh cilantro. Garnished with wonton strips and served with spicy southwestern ranch.
• Avocado Shrimp Salad Spicy creole shrimp with Parmesan cheese, carrots, onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Served over garden greens with fresh avocado, crispy wontons, and avocado ranch.