Bonafide Snippets or Tidbits About ME!

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • i didnt know what my first name was till i was 11 years old lol... my mother always called me by my nickname Jima...i thought that was my name.. then one day a man called the house(was my dad i hadnt ever met, they got divorced before i was born) and he asked if this was JIMI...i said no jimi lived there..he asked me my birthdate, i told him, and he said.. hon, jimi is you lol.. i had loads of questions for my mom lemme tell ya. you should have seen the hassle when i went to get my passport.. they are used to people having diff last names.. but not diff first.. all my id is in Jima.. even tho there is really no such person lol
  • Quote: ^^^^Woo Hoo Heidi!

When I was 25 I lost my sister, who was also my best friend because of a drunk driver.
    So sorry about your sister. My husband was hit by a drunk driver long before we were married. He was only slightly injured, but the other guy was killed.
  • When I spell the word receive I recite "I before E, except after C so that I can spell the word correctly.
  • I love blueberries, 1 cup a day in my cream of wheat
  • Quote: When I spell the word receive I recite "I before E, except after C so that I can spell the word correctly.
    ME TOO!
  • Quote: I have a vertical scar on my left wrist (people sometime ask if I slit my wrists, ugh ) that has been there as long as I can recall. I used it to learn my left from my right because it looks like a lowercase "L."
    I have one of those on my right wrist. Absolutely no idea what it's from.
  • Quote: When I spell the word receive I recite "I before E, except after C so that I can spell the word correctly.
    Quote: ME TOO!
    So do I!
  • Since I grew up by the Mississippi River, as a kid we would spell Mississippi like this:
    M-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I hump back- hump back-I

I wonder where that came from??
  • mom taught me to spell certain words like this: arithmetic- a red indian thought he might eat turkey in church.

geography- george eats old grey rats and paints houses yellow.

as for when columbus discovered america.... in 1492 columbus sailed the ocean blue.. he sailed so fast it tickled his a@@ and he s### all over the crew ...

odd, but i never forgot em lol
  • How fun Twilightwing, thanks 4 sharing!!
  • I absolutely hate anything Cherry flavored....but I could eat Fresh cherries until I turned into one!
  • I have very weak ankles.. when i was a child i sprained them constantly.. now if i sprain on i pass out cold... have scared some friends in the past when we would be out walking, id sprain my ankle, and whoosh. i was out lol... the dr said its cause its an intant pain and all the blood rushes from my head.. i dont get it.. but i walk very carefully now
  • Quote: mom taught me to spell certain words like this: arithmetic- a red indian thought he might eat turkey in church.

geography- george eats old grey rats and paints houses yellow.

as for when columbus discovered america.... in 1492 columbus sailed the ocean blue.. he sailed so fast it tickled his a@@ and he s### all over the crew ...

odd, but i never forgot em lol
    Things like that are fun, aren't they? I can't remember where I left my car keys an hour ago but I can still remember things I learned 40+ years ago.

My 3rd grade spelling book used rhymes like that.
    I don't remember if we had one for geography, but I learned "A Rat In The House Might Eat The Ice Cream" for arithmetic.
  • Do you know Roy G. Biv?

The colors of the rainbow...
    red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, & violet
  • Quote: Do you know Roy G. Biv?

The colors of the rainbow...
    red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, & violet
    Yup.

How about "Good Boys Deserve Fun Always" and "Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge" ? (bass cleff and treble cleff) I remember those from elementary school music class.