Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #361  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Have a great trip Ruth!

Buuurrrrrrr I am cold. I do live in the midwest huh? Hummmmm.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #362  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

cathydoe, after having below 0 temps last week, we're all thinking how warm it is this week since we're in the 30's. Not liking the cold.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #363  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Late this afternoon we had a heat wave...25 degrees! The weather and the temp can be so strange these days!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:23 PM   #364  

I just looked outside and Amsterdam is white today. It is still snowing now, I had best leave early so I can take it slow on the scooter.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:06 AM   #365  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

oh, my - I just can't imagine riding a scooter in snow! It's hard enough for me to walk in the stuff from my back door to my garage for the van-lol! DS3 (who's 13 and thinks he's indestructible) keeps wanting to ride his bicycle on our ice- and snow-covered streets, but I keep saying 'no' cause I'm afraid he'll get run over by some idiot who doesn't know how to drive or slow down on this stuff
Old 12-17-2009, 08:43 AM   #366  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

good morning everyone.

dutch-- I hope you have a safe trip on the scooter.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #367  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers for warmth and safety for all of you as you brave the weather conditions in your area!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #368  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Thanks Gary! We'll pray for your continued nice weather, with little rain. We don't want you to have to get your feet wet.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #369  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

HOLIDAY EATING TIPS

1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare.. You cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who care s that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a bu ffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple, Pumpkin, Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-read tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner. Remember this motto to live by:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Have a great Holiday Season!!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #370  

Tried the scooter, very quickly gave up on that idea. It is slick as snot on a sliding glass door out there and I am not suicidal or stupid!!!
Ronni, put a huge lock on DS3's bike (and any other bike he might want to borrow) and hide the key.
Karen, thanks for the tips, BF and I had a good giggle over them. They don't know about eggnogg in this country and I do like it. recipe suggestions, anyone?
Old 12-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #371  
wishin' for sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Tried the scooter, very quickly gave up on that idea. It is slick as snot on a sliding glass door out there and I am not suicidal or stupid!!!
Ronni, put a huge lock on DS3's bike (and any other bike he might want to borrow) and hide the key.
Karen, thanks for the tips, BF and I had a good giggle over them. They don't know about eggnogg in this country and I do like it. recipe suggestions, anyone?
I had no idea anyone else outside of Kentucky knew that snot saying! Just cracked me up

I am going to have to lock up the bike. He went out for awhile this afternoon and had problems with his brakes icing and locking up-gee, who could have figured something like that would happen, huh, mom?
Old 12-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #372  
wishin' for sun!

Here's an egg nog recipe I copied off the net-I have no idea if it's any good because I don't like the stuff, but it looks easy enough to try. I'd sure want to use pasteurized egg products, though.

2 eggs, beaten well
3 tbs sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
2 1/3 cups milk
Preparation:

Blend all the ingredients together and serve chilled.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

That is how I basically make my egg nog too--- you can also add in a shot (or two) of your favorite spirits! Sometimes we like rum and other times we will use a bourbon type like Seagrams 7 or something similar. After all it only comes around once a year!

I remember growing up and when I was sick with a sore throat my Mom would always make me egg nog (minus the liquor) since you got nutrition from it and it didn't hurt the throat to swalllow. Maybe that is why I look at it like a comfort food now!
Old 12-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #374  
wishin' for sun!

Good morning, everyone! Time to rise and shine!!
Old 12-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #375  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I'm up....the sun isn't
Closed Thread