3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Games (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/games-233/)
-   -   BASEBALL 2009 ~ The PLAYOFF RUN (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/games/179511-baseball-2009-%7E-playoff-run.html)

EZMONEY 08-31-2009 10:43 PM

Thank-you ~ the fires are about 100 miles north of me and I won't be traveling that way for a few weeks.

Losing to the snakes by 2 at the moment....

Read that the METS have 88 million on the DL and 11 million playing...poor RAZZ!

Razz44 09-01-2009 12:53 AM

Yes this has been quite the depressing season for the Mets. Everyone has been hurt.

But the good news is we may be finally getting some people back. David Wright is coming off the DL tomorrow, and Carlos Beltran who has been out since June is going to start playing some rehab games on Wed, hopefully he'll be back soon...maybe next week. Its too late to matter in regards to the playoffs or any of that, but it will be nice just to watch those guys play again.

Slashnl 09-01-2009 10:54 AM

So we have Contreras now. Is that a good thing? I don't know much about him.

Gary, glad you are in a safe area! The smoke in our valley is unbelievable, way out here! I'm sure it is just awful there.

Sweetcaroline 09-01-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slashnl (Post 2904909)
So we have Contreras now. Is that a good thing? I don't know much about him.

Gary, glad you are in a safe area! The smoke in our valley is unbelievable, way out here! I'm sure it is just awful there.

Gosh Diane, I forgot about the valleys that must be scary to get smoke all the way over there... I'm praying for the victims, the animals and for those who are in a constant state of fear that their home will be next... Though beautiful I don't think I could live in CA... mother nature shows off too much there.. lol..

Clydegirl... Contreras is familiar for some reason... I'm off to find out..

RAZZ... you post is a perfect example of you be a true fan ! WTG

Finally a game tonight... thank goodness.. unfortunately its in Tampa *land of the cow bells* lol....

Sweetcaroline 09-01-2009 11:59 AM

I thought this player transaction log was interesting..

Wow Gary Jim Thome ??

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/#month=8&year=2009

EZMONEY 09-01-2009 11:21 PM

Yep ~ We needed a good quality pitcher to get to the play-offs and advance past the first series....

We end up with a good DH....HELLO.....WE are in the NATIONAL LEAGUE!!!

A veteran utility player, Ronnie Belliard, who hits about a buck fifty...although he did go yard yesterday in our loss.

We did get Jon Garland who's era is higher than the letters in his first name....some one buy that guy an H.....

I'm feeling better....be back to harass you all soon....

I hope you teams (other than D) win.....winks and hugs

Clydegirl 09-01-2009 11:37 PM

Got the win against the Brewers.

Belliard played here in 2006. He was a good wee player at 2nd base.

Glad you are feeling better Gary. It's not the same around here without you :)

Slashnl 09-02-2009 10:28 AM

Well, we won! It was time for a good game for the Rockies. I really feel sorry for the Mets, but I'm glad we got a win.

Poor Mets. Unbelievable how hard their season has been with all of the injuries.

Sweetcaroline 09-02-2009 06:27 PM

Gary, I will say that I chuckled a bit when I saw that Thome trade... yup... he'll be
r e a l.... comfy in the NL in Sept... LOL... ah.. who knows...there have been more than a few surprises this year. I hope you're back soon to fill us in...

OH MR. BILL .... where art' thou ?

Gosh, I know Diane, that's really hard to watch... I know when we aren't in contention they are the longest Septembers ever...

I can't keep track of all the NL action... good luck to everyone !

The Aaron Boone story is amazing... open heart surgery 5 months ago, back playing this week... I guess I can let my grudge go now... LOL

Clydegirl 09-02-2009 11:51 PM

Lots of hits tonight, won 10-3.

Slashnl 09-03-2009 10:37 AM

Rockies had a great game last night. Giambi came through with a big hit and it was great to see him out there. It seemed like all of the players were having a lot of fun last night. Well, maybe not the Mets.

Clydegirl 09-03-2009 05:15 PM

Lost one to the Brewers, 4-3.

Oh well onto Pittsburgh.

Slashnl 09-03-2009 06:13 PM

Clyde, we lost too. I guess 2 of 3 isn't bad, but now I have to hope that the Giants and Dodgers get beat too! (Sorry Gary!)

Sweetcaroline 09-03-2009 08:51 PM

:dizzy: Geesh... It seems like they just took a bunch of 'old' players and tossed them from a plane... wherever they landed would be their new team... I like to think I know my team, but they pinch ran this guy last night that I've never heard of... Is it me ?
and just when I figure it out.. :corn: it will be 'extended' roster time..
I'm not likin tonights game :kickcan: ... its tied, but we need to kick some butt.. its getting late... sorry I'm a cranky-pants tonight...

EZMONEY 09-03-2009 09:56 PM

I am just so pleased brad penney pitched 8 innings of shut-out ball for the giants yesterday NATION...

NOT!!!!!!!!!