Frequently Asked Questions What is a Thread? How do I make a post? How do I get a picture under my name? Find answers to these and other questions inside!

Old 11-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #1  
it's always something

Default How do I cancel my account?

For various reasons, you may decide that you no longer want to be a member. Maybe you reached your goal and don't think you'll be back. Whatever the reason, please be aware that your account here is permanent. If you no longer wish to participate, you only need to stop posting. If you have subscribed to any forum threads and no longer wish to receive email notifications, you can unsubscribe from those notices in your User Control Panel.

Technically, your accounts and posts are the property of 3FC. However, we will give you the ability to delete your individual posts as you see fit. Accounts will no longer be deleted because this can create problems with the database or existing threads. There is no need to cancel an account, you can just stop using it. You are not charged for membership, and you are not automatically subscribed to anything. Please see the above.

We've recently received inquiries from concerned members because their employers or friends Googled their names and found their accounts here. They preferred to keep their weight loss efforts private. This is the risk you take when you use the same username everywhere. We recommend using a unique username for this forum if you wish to remain completely anonymous.

The members that made these inquiries wanted to either change their usernames or remove their accounts. Please be aware that even if we change your username or if you delete your posts, Google will still retain a copy of your old posts - complete with the original username - in their cache for a long time. It could be several months or several years. It's up to them, and we have no control over it.

Bottom Line: You may not be as anonymous as you think. It is your responsibility to take measures to protect your own privacy. That may involve choosing a unique username, or not revealing private details about your life. Anything you post on the internet may be around for a long time, via the Google cache.