Old 12-28-2004, 12:25 PM   #1  

Red face Is this the program for me?

Hi! I'm Shanna, I just joined this site yesterday and have been looking for some ideas on what would be the right program for me. A little about me, I'm 29 5'7 235lbs (last time I checked). I was always active when I was younger, I was in acrobats for years. I've had 3 children (3 c sections) and I'm heavier now than when I was pregnant, I've got to do something for myself, so this is it. I'm planning on starting Jan 1 2005. I have a serious soda addiction (pepsi), would this be the plan for me? I'm planning on checking the book out from the library today. Please wish me luck on changing my life!
Sha_na_na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 01:37 PM   #2  

Hi Shanna and welcome to Sugar Busters. Its a wonderful program and a great way of eating. Once you get the hang of it, it will become your lifestyle of eating. But you'll have to give up those pepsi's. But I'm sure you already knew that. This is a great bunch of supportive, kind and good people here at SB and it will be great to have you one of us. I've done really badly and am starting over on Jan. 1st. So we'll be doing it together. The boards are really slow right now and I'll bet there will be lots the 1st! So hop on board. Be sure and get the book at the library. See you over at the boards...... Toni
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 02:34 PM   #3  
Dottie26

hello to both of you! i am new to this site as well.

i noticed something in your posts that i would like to ask you both about. please understand that i am not criticizing, just curious. when you say you will be starting your diet on jan 1, i was wondering why not start it right now? i have done that several times in the past, "i'll start my diet on monday, etc." but what usually happens is that i completely binge until that date figuring i'll start fresh then. but in the mean time, i gain a few pounds with binging and make it that much harder to lose on that predetermined date.

plus, i enjoy those treats (i'm such a chocoholic!) so much in the mean time that i really don't want to give them up by the time that date comes around. now, this was just what happened to me in the past when trying to start "later". i was wondering if there is some motivation for you that makes it easier to really start that diet when you want. do you binge in the mean time but somehow this is a release and you "get it out of your system" type of thing that makes it easier to start later?

obviously i don't have the answers for what is right, since we are all different and no one thing is right for everyone. plus, i am still trying to lose weight, so i don't even have the right answers for me. but i am trying to learn from others. if you have some specific motivation that works such that you can pick a date and then really start the diet then, please let me know. i am always trying to find ways to motivate myself to do better. if having a splurge time before i really get going would help, i'll give it a try. i just wanted to know how you do it.

thanks for listening!
Dottie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:39 PM   #4  

Well actually I'm watching and recording everything I eat as of right now and I just got the sugar buster book, so I want to read it before I switch over to that, I don't want to mess up from not being educated on it, if that makes sense lol
Sha_na_na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:46 PM   #5  

Hey Ladies! Are you both still doing Sugarbusters? I would love to see you join us over on the weekly support board. That is the area where most of the SBers post regularly. Come join us!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote