Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-09-2006, 08:36 PM   #1  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Default Healthy Banana Bread-Is there such a thing?

Anyone have a recipe for healthy banana bread? If you have nutrition info, that would be awesome! Thanks!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

This is one of my favourite recipes and it is really easy. I got it off the 3fc ww recipe boards.

Banana Pineapple Bread 4 pts

1/2 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups flour (Note - I have used wholewheat flour and it works well -Mauvais)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 mashed bananas
1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained (save the drained juice)

Mix the dry ingredients, then mix in the wet ones. If the mixture is too dry, add some of the saved pineapple juice. Bake at 350F for about 45-60 minutes until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out nearly dry.

Makes 8 servings

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 224 Calories; 1g Fat (4.6% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 23mg Cholesterol; 393mg Sodium

* If cut into 10 slices it is 3 pts.

mauvaisroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #3  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Cooking Light is a great source for lower calorie versions of old favorites like this. They always include nutritional info for all of their recipes. You don't need to subscribe to the magazine, you can search for recipes for free on CookingLight.com.

They have lots of recipes for banana bread, all around 170 to 200 calories per serving: http://food.cookinglight.com/cooking...bread&x=21&y=5.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote