Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #16  
LLV

I burned myself out on canned salmon and veggie burgers (Boca, Morningstar Farms, etc). Although I DID buy some more Boca burgers just today to see if I could eat them again. It's been months.

I also burned myself out on pita bread for a while, but I'm eating it again.

Salad was another thing I couldn't even look at for about 3 months. I'll still have the occasional salad, but I don't eat them as often as I used to.

Carrot sticks. Gross.

Tired of carbs? Never!
Old 12-07-2006, 02:41 PM   #17  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I find I'm tired of fresh pineapple! Can you believe it!? I usually buy fresh fruit twice a week and there's really barely any fruit I want these days, pineapple, bananas, grapes, over and over again. So I switched to oranges and apples. I'm also kinda tired of the Lean Cuisine steak, mushroom, onion panini, only because I was eating those at least one a week!!!! I can't stomach eggs anymore, since I went through my Atkins years. I'm bordering on tiring of salad, but Romaine hearts are the best! Oh and oatmeal too, can barely think of eating oatmeal!

I like this thread!
Old 12-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #18  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
I'm also kinda tired of the Lean Cuisine steak, mushroom, onion panini
I got tired of the panini's too. But I still eat Lean Cuisines and Healthy Choice meals regularly.

A new thing I tried recently from Lean Cuisine was the Brick Oven Style Pizza. I don't know about the other flavors, but the one I tried was the gourmet mushroom and it was HORRIBLE. I could only get about half of it down and had to pitch the rest out.

The other flavors are roasted garlic chicken and BBQ chicken. Poop on all that weird stuff. When I want pizza, I want PIZZA.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:41 PM   #19  
Working My Way Back Down

I am sick of all kinds of frozen meals - Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine, you name it. I finally tossed the 4 or 5 I had in the freezer. They'd been there so long they were freezer burned! Same with the fake ice cream. Skinny Cows get nasty when they've been in the freezer too long. I get tired of salads too, but usually go back to them pretty quickly. Strangely I'll eat someone else's (restaurant, etc) while I'm still tired of my own. The other thing I'm tired of is having only 3 restaurants (well, 4 if you count Chinese) in town to frequent for my regular Fri lunch with GF's. I know all of their "friendly" options - and I'm tired tired tired of them!
Old 12-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #20  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I am definitely tired of the same Smart Ones meals over and over again. I had 2 favorite "Truth About Carbs" meals that I kept eating, and now it makes me ill to even think about eating them :dizzy
Oh yeah, I definitely get tired of frozen meals! In fact, I got tired of them even before I was counting calories.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:20 PM   #21  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat View Post
I get tired of salads too, but usually go back to them pretty quickly. Strangely I'll eat someone else's (restaurant, etc) while I'm still tired of my own.
Me too! lol

I never did like that "fake" ice cream. Heck, it gets freezer burned even when it hasn't been in the freezer very long. I'm not a big ice cream eater anyway, but when I eat ice cream, I want the real stuff and just limit how much of it I eat.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #22  
cals. in v. cals. out

S/C/G: 157/151/130

Height: 5'6

chicken...
I never make it at home anymore because I can't find a healthy way to prepare it that doesn't completly mask the taste of it. I went through a phase where i had a chicken breast every day in college and i've been traumatized ever since. I'll still eat it, but generally it's when i'm out or someone else has prepared it.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:08 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

I am SOOOOOOO sick of boneless,skinless chicken breasts I could cry.
I also burned out on cereal in the morning so I switched it up about 10 days ago to the SlimFast Optima shakes for b'fast & lunch. My body must have been sick of Special K & chicken too, since I've lost 7 lbs so far
Old 12-08-2006, 01:08 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

oops...double posted...so I guess I'll add in that I am also on the "no more eggs" bandwagon. I blame my former ill-fated love affair with Dr Atkins for that!

Last edited by OnePerDecade; 12-08-2006 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Double posted :(
Old 12-08-2006, 02:42 AM   #25  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I am tired of eggs, green beans and tuna.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:20 AM   #26  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm sick of chicken breasts and I've got a freezer stashed FULL of them! However I bought myself some Cajun seasoning and Chargrill Chicken spices, so I foreman'd one this morning and shall see what that's like in a pitta. I haven't anything else to eat, so I think I should be ok....

I'm also burning out on vegetables at the moment - haven't had any proper veg in a week, but I still get my apples and pineapple in
Old 12-09-2006, 02:43 AM   #27  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

These days chicken is a staple for me at home. But there was a period in my life when I did a lot of speaking at seminars that included lunch. They almost always serve chicken for the lunch at these things and many the seminars were at moderate hotels, so the chicken often wasn't of the best quality. You know how disgusting it is when you bite into that hidden piece of chicken fat ? And I was always eating with potential clients, so I couldn't spit it out. I swear, it darn near turned me off chicken for life. To this day, I rarely eat chicken that I haven't prepared myself (and I am fanatic about cutting off every last little piece of chicken fat).
Old 12-09-2006, 05:35 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV View Post
A new thing I tried recently from Lean Cuisine was the Brick Oven Style Pizza. I don't know about the other flavors, but the one I tried was the gourmet mushroom and it was HORRIBLE. I could only get about half of it down and had to pitch the rest out.
That is one of my favorite things! Just goes to show that we all have different tastes.

I am so sick of yogurt. I eat enough yogurt that I should never, ever have any type of calcium deficiency. EVER. The brand that I eat (Weight Watchers) only comes in a few varieties, so there aren't a lot of choices there either. But for one point I eat it so slowly that it is a great breakfast, snack, or even dinner on nights where work has kicked my tail. Why is it that I never get sick of all the rotten fast food that I use to love so much?
Old 12-09-2006, 07:47 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I haven't had yogurt in ages. I guess I got tired of that too.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:10 AM   #30  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

About the chicken thing, I remember I was showing my then 17 year old daughter how to prepare and cook chicken and I was showing her how to clean the chicken and remove the fat and what not and she was pretty grossed out and said to me "Now I see why people become vegetarians".
Closed Thread