Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 11-03-2006, 05:33 PM   #1  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Tofu Question

Hi Y'all
My question is, How long should Tofu be Marinated befor cooking? I've had anything from 10 minutes to over night. @_@

Also, does anyone have some good Marinade ideas for Tofu?
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #2  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Depends on the type of tofu you use - the firmer it is the longer you need to marinate it. I think if you marinated it overnight, though, you'd end up with a soggy mess, even if you used extra firm. For medium firm I marinate about 15 - 20 min. Extra firm is about 40 min.
Ususally I just make some concotion out of soy sauce or ponzu, with garlic, ginger, spices, lemon juice.... whatever I can find kicking about! Worchestershire sauce (I know I spelled that wrong!) with chilis is tasty, and so is orange juice with jamaican jerk sauce. I like my tofu!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

if you can find it, mabo tofu mix (try an asian market) is awesome. As for marinating it...I eat it out of the box with a mix of soy sauce and bbq sauce, or with just soy sauce. Not for everyone, but its pretty good. Just a thought. I would think that soy sauce would be a good marinade. Maybe a little ginger and garlic thrown in.
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote