Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #1  
hara hachi bu

Question What's For Dinner Tonight?

Just curious ... what's everybody having for dinner tonight? I haven't planned ours yet and wanted to get some healthy ideas (instead of indulging in my *unhealthy* ideas).
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Well my dinner tonight is very healthy (chicken lasguana from a box and probably a piece (small) of garlic bread! ack, bad Courtnie - but I will stay within my calories at least) but anyway the other night I made something yummy:

1 can nibblets corn
1 can mushrooms (pieces and stems)
onion
red pepper (I didnt have this in my the other night, but had it in there before)
1-2 tbsp low fat margine (or something similar)
some kind of garlic seasoning

I fried it all up for a few mintues, and it was SUPER good! I had it as a side but the next day I cooke up some whole wheat pasta and added some hot sauce and mixed it all together and it was even better! haha
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'6

Dinner tonight is an egg beaters omelet, with a MorningStar Farms veggie sausage pattie and some part-skim cheddar thrown in. I have some green beans in my fridge that I need to eat too.
Allikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/138/120

Height: 5'5

I will probably have a weird, weird mishmash of food for dinner. I usually get home from the gym and have a slice of turkey breast, then part of a green pepper or something with some hummus. Tonight I have some leftover lite mac and cheese in the fridge, so I will probably finish that off, then have sugar free jello for dinner.
MaryKate'sPillStash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #5  

Just a simple supper - it's pretty hot out, so I tossed some chicken breasts in a garlic/oil marinade earlier and will BBQ them. I'm planning to serve them with a corn and tomato salad and some asparagus with lemon. YUM!
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Husband has promised to make fish (he makes the absolute best fish). He probably will lightly dust it with seasoned flour and saute in a non-stick pan with butter spray or a (very)little olive oil. My favorite light way to make crunchy chicken, lean pork, or fish is to dip the meat in light ranch dressing or mayo diluted just a tiny bit with milk, and then dip in seasoned bread crumbs (till lightly coated - not gunky), spray the tops lightly with butter spray and then bake until done (about 45 minutes for chicken or pork, about 20 minutes for thick fish).

We also went to the farmer's market so there's plenty of fresh veggies to go with and fruit for dessert.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:27 PM   #7  

Tonight was my 'other' night (no meat). I chopped up vegetables (onion, zucchini, red pepper, broccoli, cauliflower) and sauted them in enough fat free chicken broth to keep them moist. Then I added cubed tofu, then minced garlic, adding a little bit of broth at a time as it evaporated. Tossed all that with cooked spagetti pasta, then with the juice from one lemon, and a couple of tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Ended up being 387 calories, so no dessert.

I love anything with lemon and Parmesan cheese.
northernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:31 PM   #8  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods
Husband has promised to make fish (he makes the absolute best fish). He probably will lightly dust it with seasoned flour and saute in a non-stick pan with butter spray or a (very)little olive oil. My favorite light way to make crunchy chicken, lean pork, or fish is to dip the meat in light ranch dressing or mayo diluted just a tiny bit with milk, and then dip in seasoned bread crumbs (till lightly coated - not gunky), spray the tops lightly with butter spray and then bake until done (about 45 minutes for chicken or pork, about 20 minutes for thick fish).

We also went to the farmer's market so there's plenty of fresh veggies to go with and fruit for dessert.
That's it, I AM coming to your house for dinner

I love fish. I'm crazy about it. Just had some yesterday for lunch, in fact. Thanks for the ideas on how to fix it.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:33 PM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

I'm just chilling on here while my stirfry simmers!

Tofu Shrimp Stirfry (makes 2 big servings, one for tomorrow's lunch!)

4 oz. firm tofu (low fat)
4 oz. small Atlantic shrimp, peeled and thawed
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
1/2 zucchini, cut into half slices
1 cup snow peas
1/2 cup Spanish onion
4 tbsp. low-fat low-sodium Thai Sesame Sauce (from organic section of store)

Cook it all in a little bit of extra virgin olive oil, and you have yummy dinner in 15 minutes!
iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Leftover stirfry from Monday. Tofu, shitake mushrooms, orange pepper, onions, garlic, bok choy, black bean sauce - over brown rice.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
Leftover stirfry from Monday. Tofu, shitake mushrooms, orange pepper, onions, garlic, bok choy, black bean sauce - over brown rice.
Wow! Five superfoods on one plate! WTG!

The family's having leftover tuna patty sandwiches.

I haven't had any real dinner yet. I can't decide what to eat. I'm hungry, but nothing sounds good to me. I wish someone would cook for me. I'd eat it if someone else made it. Bah!
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Small ground sirloin patty
Chopped fresh tomato
Corn on the cob
Slices of red bell pepper
Cucumber slices
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #13  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Tonight I've got a red bean, coconut and cashew stew type thing (with other veggies like carrots in there too) with some brown rice and green beans and some red wine . Possibly some strawberries for dessert.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #14  

Salmon that has marinated in lime juice and a little honey, served over a warm salad of spinach, black beans and corn!
Dessert is blueberries
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:35 PM   #15  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Tonight I'm carbing up, so I'm having pasta with a tomato, spinach and basil sauce with a little bread, and I'll have strawberries, muesli and yoghurt for dessert.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote