I know that drinking lots of water is important, but this is something I struggle with. I'm just not that thirsty and I'm also not that enamored of plain water. So I have some questions for you all.
1. Does it have to be still water? Can I drink carbonated water instead?
2. What about tea? Does unsweetened iced tea that I brew myself count as water? What about unsweetened (not artificially sweetened) tea that I buy--does that count?
3. I know diet soda doesn't count as water, but what about no sugar, no sodium, no caffeine, fruit-flavored, artificially sweetened, carbonated beverages? Do they count as water (with that string of adjectives, I have to guess that would be a big "no")?
4. What if I dilute artificially sweetened iced tea with water (e.g., half a glass of tea diluted with half a glass of water). Do I still get the benefit of drinking that half glass of water or does mixing it with the tea somehow eliminate the benefits.
5. If artificially sweetened drinks don't count as water, is drinking them A) worse than not drinking anything, B) about equal to not drinking anything, or C) not as good as drinking water but better than not drinking anything?