3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Lets take bets on how much... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/88196-lets-take-bets-how-much.html)

DairyQueen 07-01-2006 02:10 AM

Lets take bets on how much...

wieght I'll gain. My diet today:

Late Breakfast:
Grande Light White Chocolate Frappe from Starbucks (no whip) and a tiny little seventy five cent "mini-scone"

Lunch:
A large slice of lean turkey (still just seventy cal), a wedge of luaghing cow light soft cheese, and a few grapes

Snack: Small peice of hard candy, sugarfree gum, a tiny little free sample of soft pretzel from costco

And Then....
Dinner (DUH DUH DUH):
Double-Double
Chocolate Shake
Some fries

The bliss of In-N-Out...

LOL, go ahead and start guessing and I'll tell you in the morning who's closest. It isn't sad though or anything, I'm actually not that depressed because I had fun with my friends and it was worth it. Plus I only have In-N-Out once a year, so I might as well go all the way, right?

carolshmarol 07-01-2006 02:26 AM

I'd say in 1 day with no exercise, probably didn't gain anything. (if it's only 1 day )

brownsugah 07-01-2006 04:23 AM

i agree, probably zilch

Heather 07-01-2006 08:14 AM

I think it's hard to tell whether what we weigh the next day represents exactly what happened the day before. You may not be done digesting all the food yet and may also be retaining water, so any gain may not be from fat (which I think is what you are referring to) but from water. So if you do gain, it may go away quickly...

LLV 07-01-2006 09:29 AM

Well the weight's not gonna be there the very next day anyway. If you're up on the scale at all, it's most likely just water. You can't lose a couple of pounds overnight and you can't gain it overnight, either.

And I agree with Carol, one day isn't going to hurt you. We all have those 'one days' and in my personal opinion, NEED those 'one days'.

Remember, it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound of fat. Your day up until the shake and fries didn't appear out of control to me, so I really doubt you even went OVER 3500. If so, look at it as a FUN "once-in-a-while" day and move on. The important thing is that you enjoyed yourself :)

willmakeit 07-02-2006 11:29 PM

I say 2 lbs!

DairyQueen 07-03-2006 03:14 AM

Well everyone who said nothing is right, because it still hasn't shown. Although it will probably make at least some slight dent in the long run, the dent won't be big enough to make me want to take back that meal and its enjoyment. Maybe a gluttonous meal of a double-beef- double-cheese burger with fries plus melted ice cream as my "beverage" is... okay every so rare occasion?

LLV 07-03-2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DairyQueen
Well everyone who said nothing is right, because it still hasn't shown. Although it will probably make at least some slight dent in the long run, the dent won't be big enough to make me want to take back that meal and its enjoyment. Maybe a gluttonous meal of a double-beef- double-cheese burger with fries plus melted ice cream as my "beverage" is... okay every so rare occasion?

Well, I personally wouldn't do it because I'm too chicken. I eat such low fat now that just the thought of the fat from such a meal swimming around in my veins gives me the willies. Good grief, the fat from the meat and the cheese and the deep-fried potatoes? No way. There have been lots of times I'll say to myself, "Okay, today I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna get me something really fattening as a small indulgence."

I always chicken out :stress:

However, I'm a firm believer in not depriving oneself of foods they love. I still eat foods I enjoy, in moderation, but I there are some meals I just won't do anymore. And a big fat cheeseburger and fries is one of them. I would compromise. Such as get a SINGLE and not a DOUBLE. Who needs two meat patties? I'd nix the cheese and the mayo and get lettuce, tomato and onion only. I add my own ketchup. And instead of fries, I get a side salad (or nothing at all, I eat just the burger) and maybe steal a couple of fries from someone else. That keeps me from eating a whole order myself. I'd also go for a junior burger, if they have them available. Every now and then I get in the mood for a hamburger too. I usually go to Wendy's and get the junior hamburger (no cheese) with lettuce, tomato and onion only.

Craving satisfied without ingesting a ton of fat calories :)

But that double cheeseburger and fries? I'd run from that screaming, lol.

DairyQueen 07-03-2006 11:15 AM

^For me it isn't even cheating if I don't go "all the way". Sure I could get just a singe burger witho no special spread, but then it wouldn't have over half the elements that make an In-n-Out burger what it is. And what is an In-n-Out without those incredible fries that are deep fried for six whole minutes (or more or less avaliable on request). If its a 300 calorie meal, its a very light meal anyways.

LLV 07-03-2006 01:10 PM

Quote:

^For me it isn't even cheating if I don't go "all the way".

Then don't look at it as cheating ;)

I never cheat. Even if I eat pizza or fried chicken, I'm not cheating. It's simply part of my lifestyle. A rare part, mind you, but still part of it.

I'm in this for life. I'm not on a diet.

I agree, though, that there's nothing wrong with "going all out" once in a while. We need those days where we really enjoy ourselves with the 'sinful' things. But I guess I'm just in a mindset now where I'm literally afraid of eating too much fat. I'll go out with the best intentions and I'll tell myself that dammit, I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna order something I wouldn't normally touch with a 10-foot pole. But I can't do it.

I've even told myself that once I get down to a certain weight I'm gonna treat myself to a food buffet and just go nuts.

I've been telling myself that for 2 years now and I still haven't done it, lol.

I'll tell ya what would be a nice indulgence.... a big huge lobster.

DairyQueen 07-03-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLV
Then don't look at it as cheating ;)

I never cheat. Even if I eat pizza or fried chicken, I'm not cheating. It's simply part of my lifestyle. A rare part, mind you, but still part of it.

I'm in this for life. I'm not on a diet.

I agree, though, that there's nothing wrong with "going all out" once in a while. We need those days where we really enjoy ourselves with the 'sinful' things. But I guess I'm just in a mindset now where I'm literally afraid of eating too much fat. I'll go out with the best intentions and I'll tell myself that dammit, I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna order something I wouldn't normally touch with a 10-foot pole. But I can't do it.

I've even told myself that once I get down to a certain weight I'm gonna treat myself to a food buffet and just go nuts.

I've been telling myself that for 2 years now and I still haven't done it, lol.

I'll tell ya what would be a nice indulgence.... a big huge lobster.

Yeah lobster is a good healthy indulgence (without butter and only healthy sauce, of course). I like seafood indulgences because they're expensive MONEY wise, but not calorie wise.

LLV 07-03-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Yeah lobster is a good healthy indulgence (without butter and only healthy sauce, of course). I like seafood indulgences because they're expensive MONEY wise, but not calorie wise.

I love seafood :)