3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Anyone tried this "Zero" calorie dressing? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/86923-anyone-tried-zero-calorie-dressing.html)

willmakeit 06-14-2006 08:57 PM

Anyone tried this "Zero" calorie dressing?

http://www.waldenfarms.com/

I saw this at my local grocery store... sounds very healthy! anyone tried it? is it too watery or is it bearable for people like me trying desparately to lose weight!?!

I also bought thie balsamic vinegerette dressing from "up country organics" which has just 5 calories per serving and quite inexpensive...cant wait to try! :)

telemetrynurse 06-14-2006 09:21 PM

I've tried the ranch and Balsamic Vinaigrette. They're ok, not great, but definitely edible. Not bad for being calorie free! What I've done before is to mix one with a lite version of the salad dressing that I really like to cut the calories in half.

The chocolate sauce from walden farms is SO disgusting, imo. I was so excited to see anything chocolate that was "calorie free". And I'm such a huge chocolate fan that I thought I'd eat ANYTHING chocolate! I was wrong! BLECK, phooey, yucko!

Suzanne 3FC 06-14-2006 10:45 PM

Jennifer brought a bottle of the blue cheese variety to a family dinner once, and everyone ran to the trash can at once. :dizzy:

ValRock 06-14-2006 11:12 PM

How in the heck do they make calorie free food?! I'm so confused... lol

Suzanne 3FC 06-14-2006 11:20 PM

Maybe it isn't food :lol:

Here are the ingredients from their calorie free alfredo sauce:

Triple Filtered Purified Water, Cultured Buttermilk Powder, Food Starch Modified, Salt, Polydextrin, Monoglycerides, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavors, Nztural Herbs and Spices, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum ans Sucralose

Most of their calorie free products have similar ingredient labels. It's just water and seasonings that has been thickened.

I personally prefer regular calorie dressings made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and whatever, and just measure the servings to track my calories.

Libby1972 06-15-2006 12:08 AM

If you want to try a great salad dressing, try Wishbone, Red Wine Vinegrette. WOW. It's fantastic. Only 5 grams of fat per two tablespoons.

Go here for additional info including nutritional value. It's light and delicious. It's my dressing of choice and it makes a fabulous marinade for chicken, fish, beef, pork, you name it!

Give that a try.

RRVMMM 06-15-2006 09:18 AM

IMO use any lite Italian dressing with Emeril's Bam It Up Salad Seasonings. This is the best seasonings you can find.

Misti in Seattle 06-16-2006 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
Maybe it isn't food :lol:

I think you got it, Suzanne! :)

kaplods 06-16-2006 11:55 AM

I haven't met a bottled salad dressing under 15 calories per tablespoon that doesn't taste worse than plain lettuce. Although, I do like plain rice vinegar with a little salt, pepper, garlic and Equal or Splenda.

Rice vinegar usually is much milder tasting than regular vinegars, so you can add little or no oil.

Misti in Seattle 06-17-2006 12:56 AM

If you like salsa, it makes a great low calorie salad dressing

LLV 06-17-2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
If you like salsa, it makes a great low calorie salad dressing

Uhhhh, no, lol. Not on salad. Not for me, anyway.

I don't understand how they make no-calorie food, either. That doesn't make any sense. I mean even a LITTLE something has to have calories, right? Calories are actually measures of heat. And there aren't many things on this earth without calories. Even grass has calories. The only thing I can think of without calories is water.

Thank heavens! Could you imagine if plain water had calories?

That would suck.

Misti in Seattle 06-17-2006 10:29 AM

I think the way they make it without calories is my mixing together a bunch of chemicals and calling it food :)

jillybean720 06-17-2006 10:51 AM

I tried it a couple years ago...I think I tried the thousand island and the honey dijon. The thousand island malsted about 2 seconds on my plate before I threw the whole bottle in the trash--YUCK! But I didn't mind the honey dijon. I don't use it now because it's not my favorite, but it was at least edible, and if it were my only choice, I'd survive.

My probelm is that I don't like oil/vinegar based dressings. I can't stand vinegarettes ot Italian or anything like that. I'm a thousand island and honey mustard dressing girl all the way :p

I have tried salsa on my salads--it's not horrible, but I certainly don't care for it as much as actual salad dressing. And so, I don't eat many salads
:dizzy:

LLV 06-17-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
I think the way they make it without calories is my mixing together a bunch of chemicals and calling it food :)

Oooooooo, chemical salad.

Sounds yummy.

:lol:

HippyHippo 06-17-2006 11:16 AM

Now the weird thing is - (me probably! lol) - but I love the bacon ranch Walden Farms dressing - I can't live without it! If I can't find it in the store I get really peed off cos I love it that much!

I also love their calorie free apricot preserve - it's kinda hard to spread - you have to kinda mush it on rather than spread it.

I have wondered how it is calorie and carb free tho...