3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   What the hell is it about birthday cake? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/85473-what-hell-about-birthday-cake.html)

DairyQueen 05-27-2006 04:57 PM

What the hell is it about birthday cake?

The cheap store-bought kind, with way too much stale icing that stands up on its own, and is usually a double-layer cake with some over-sweet jelly-ish filling in between. Why is it so addictive? It isn't even that great tasting, and isn't even refined enough to eat with anything besides fruit punch. Sometimes you can even taste the extreme amount of food coloring in the icing. Yet.... I... need... another... peice! Same with mini cupcakes (which are made for the sole purpose of being convenient to soccor-moms). What IS the secret ingredient that makes these foods so much more cravable than sweets that actually taste better?

Ultimategurrl79 05-27-2006 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DairyQueen
What IS the secret ingredient that makes these foods so much more cravable than sweets that actually taste better?

I guess i'll be the first to post the answer...crack.

seriously. there's crack in them.

Jtjoray 05-27-2006 06:00 PM

I actually think store bought cake is discusting! I make all my kids' birthday cakes. Cant stand the lard taste in the frosting if that's you want to call it. Lol. : )

wish4fit 05-27-2006 06:23 PM

All this time it's been crack - I knew it!!! tee-hee :)

Actually, I'm not sure it's the store bought cakes that have been drugged, but maybe it's the Little Debbie Snack Cakes. They have got to be the cheapest goodie known to man and they can live in your cupboard for years, maybe even decades, and still be edible! Lord only knows how many preservatives, trans-fats, food-colorings, and refined sugars are in those little guys!

Thank goodness for me I am out of the U.S. at the moment so I don't have to worry about warding them off!

Skyy1067 05-27-2006 06:54 PM

Little Debbie is evil, pure evil!

Sassy_Chick 05-27-2006 07:31 PM

omggggggggggggg. I bought some Devil Cremes when my mom came to visit. they are so yummy.......................I didn't eat many and I did spread them out, I think they make this stuff just to make us suffer! lollllllllllllll

Ultimategurrl79 05-27-2006 08:08 PM

actually, as they put the crack in the recipe...lol...

i AM convinced that the makers laugh and say, "hahahaaaa - what else can we come up with for people to sabotage their diets withh?"

seriously - their board meetings consist of tons of laughter as they figure out ways to screw up people's diets. i can just imagine it now....:devil:

alextucker 05-27-2006 08:33 PM

I am cracking up becasue I am addicted to Little Debbie Angel Food Cake Snacks!! I don't really like the store brand icing.....I love butter cream icing!!

DairyQueen 05-27-2006 08:34 PM

Crack. Wow. I would never have guessed that.
;)

Little Debbie Snacks: I KNOW at least why those are addictive, because they taste like heaven! Ten times better than all things Hostess, yet usually at least a few sense cheaper. At least when I eat those I'm not JUST nuturing an addiction, but expiriencing a few bites of heaven. Just thinking about them... oh man... how can they sell gold for so a dollar a box?

JuliaTN 06-04-2006 10:36 AM

This is completely random, but everytime I hear people talking about Little Debbie's I think of this song (and that happens a lot since I only live about 6 miles from where they are made and know all kinds of people that work there)

Southern Culture On The Skids - Walk Like A Camel

Baby, Would you eat that there snack cracker
In your special outfit for me, please?
owwwWEEEEE!!!!!

Yo ye pharoahs, let us walk
Through this barren desert, in search of truth
And some pointy boots, and maybe a few snack crackers.
OWWWW WEEE baby, you make me wanna walk like a camel.
OWWWW WEEE, walk!

Who's in charge here, where's my Captain's wafers?
Don't go around hungry now, the way you eat that oatmeal pie,
Makes me just wanna die, baby, OWWWW
You make me wanna walk like a camel.
OWWWW WEEE, walk!

Say, you don't think there's any way I could get that quarter
From underneath your pointy boot, do ya?
All I want is just one more oatmeal pie.
OWWWW WEEE, Little Debbie, Little Debbie
I'm a comin on home, baby, 'cause you make me wanna walk
Like a camel, OWWWW WEEE

LLV 06-04-2006 10:42 AM

I like the bakery cakes. The one's you order and have custom-made. I always get the fluffy white frosting, I love that stuff. I order a custom-made cake every year for my son's birthday parties. Then they put on those pretty balloons and decorations made of icing and I have to have at least one, lol.

QuilterInVA 06-05-2006 02:14 PM

Well, I find them a complete turnoff since I learned to cut the sweets out. Once you get over the sugar addiction, that stuff no longer tastes good and you don't want it anymore.

ValRock 06-05-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuilterInVA
Well, I find them a complete turnoff since I learned to cut the sweets out. Once you get over the sugar addiction, that stuff no longer tastes good and you don't want it anymore.

Same here! ICKY :D :dizzy:

LLV 06-05-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuilterInVA

I never ate many sweets to begin with, so I didn't have to really cut anything in that department. I've got a bowl of chocolates that have been sitting next to me since Easter, lol.

cardsfan2009 06-06-2006 10:13 PM

Oh gosh, I get the Dairy Queen ice cream cake for my birthday. That stuff is heaven. But for my birthday 'party' at my grandma's house (for the family) My grandma makes homemade cakes with homemade icing that tastes just like the fluffy icing on the store cakes, only much, much better, and decorates them with her cake decorating stuff. She is a talented lady...lol!