Pork Ideas

• Okay, I love to eat pork, chops, steaks...but never know how to cook it. I would really appreciate some ideas, tips or recipies if anyone has them (healthy of course!)! Thanks so much!
  • Well I used to smother them in soups & sauces or bread them. Now I grill or broil (if it is raining out) them all with a bit of Mrs. Dash seasonings (she has many to choose from).
  • i live in the kingdom of pork (bologna)and i've so many recipes...
    but truly i must think deep and deeper to find an healthy recipe

let me think more
  • you can cook pork steaks in a pan with little oil, white wine onion chopped and rosmary...it's simply but tasty cause the meat makes a great sauce...
  • try cubed pork cooked with tomato juice and veggies and bake for 3 hours. add 1 tsp corn starch to thicken. you don't need brown meat. glen
  • My grocery store is now carying extra lean ground pork. It's only 140 calories per 4 oz (though I usually stick to 3 oz per person).

Here is a recipe I made the other day I was rather pleased with:

Pork Taco Dumplings

6 oz extra lean ground pork
    1/4 onion, minced
    2 oz monterey jack cheese (can use low fat mozzarella if desired)
    cilantro or parsely to taste (I like it light- 1/4 tsp)
    taco seasoning to taste (I like it heavy- 1 tsp)

--> mix together until it can be loosely formed into balls

12ea 3-1/2 inch wonton skins
    garlic powder

Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a rapid boil.

Place a small amount of filling into the middle of a wonton skin. Moisten the edges with water and bring one corner to the opposite, forming a triangle. Pinch along the 2 open edges until they are tightly closed. Repeat until all wontons are filled and sealed.

Drop the wontons into the water and boil for about 5 minutes. Drain, and lightly sprinkle with garlic powder before serving.

I ran this through my recipe program and came up with about 315- 325 calories a serving (using my memory here).