I tried (and loved except for the expense) Jenny Craig last summer. A staple while I was on the diet was eating their Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Potato for lunch. It was huge, and tasty, and full of fiber, and filling!!!
Yesterday I decided to go looking for recipes on the internet and went picking-and-choosing for ingredients I thought would work to replicate. Well, I made them and SUCCESS!!! They are easy and awesome!!! I estimate the calories for mine somewhere around 300-350, but it will vary depending upon the size of potatoes used.
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
5 Medium-Large Baking Potatoes
2 C Frozen Chopped Broccoli Florets
1 C Water
1 C 2% Sharp Cheese, Finely Shredded
1/2 C Fat Free Sour Cream
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
1. Wash and pierce potatoes all over with fork. Bake in microwave for approx. 12 minutes (or use "potato" setting on your microwave).
2. While potatoes are baking. Cook broccoli to desired texture in skillet using water (I left broccoli slightly crunchy and salted my water). Drain.
3. Carefully cut off the top third of the cooked potatoes. Peel tops, add flesh to large mixing bowl and discard skins. Scoop out insides of bottoms using a spoon and add to bowl (be sure to leave enough flesh inside to maintain structure of skin--about 1/4 inch).
4. Add sour cream, salt and pepper to potatoes and mash. Add broccoli and cheddar cheese, stir to combine.
5. Evenly divide mixture among potato shells and stuff, molding excess on top of potatoes (the final result will probably double the height of the potato).
6. Microwave on high until filling is hot and cheese has melted.
Mmmn, mmmn, good :] Enjoy.