3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   ricotta? on toast? or mixed w/splenda? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/82698-ricotta-toast-mixed-w-splenda.html)

lipidful 04-26-2006 02:45 PM

ricotta? on toast? or mixed w/splenda?

Hello. I was wondering if anybody does anything like spreading ricotta on toast w/jam or something like that. I've heard of it somewhere but don't know if it's good, though it does intrigue me. Also, is that recipe w/the ricotta, splenda, cinnamon, vanilla really any good? TIA!

LLV 04-26-2006 07:07 PM

Not sure, but that doesn't sound half bad. I've personally never heard of doing that, but I'd be willing to try it. I love ricotta cheese and I always buy the reduced fat kind.

Wow, interesting idea. Let me know if anyone tries this.

pavellina 04-27-2006 04:43 AM

we mix ricotta with a little sugar or sweet cocoa powder and eta it as a dessert...almost an ice cream...
or we fill vegetables (peperoni, tomatoes, zucchine...)with a mix of ricotta,salt and herbs and we cook it in the owen...

shorebound 04-27-2006 09:30 AM

I use to eat it on bagels yumm been a long time sice i did that

lipidful 04-27-2006 02:50 PM

Did you spread plain ricotta on the bagel? Did you sweeten it?
I'd like to try it, but ricotta is so $$ and I'm afraid I wouldn't use it up before it goes bad, as it seems highly perishable. :(

Kaylets 04-27-2006 03:50 PM

I love ricotta and often will mix cinammon and splenda and may even eat it w/ a spoon as a sweet treat. If I go w/ lo fat, the protein makes me feel full longer and the sweetness makes it taste like dessert. Love it on toast too.

I have also successfully frozen ricotta,especially when its on sale.

Also have blended ricotta w/ tofu to give it even a higher protein kick. The tofu is usually less calories, definitely less fat than the ricotta.

As for mixing into hot foods, I love ricotta stirred into red sauce w/ lots and lots of veggies.

hmmmm.... sauce sounds good for supper!

pavellina 04-27-2006 04:05 PM

you can try ricotta into tomatoes(only tomatoes)salad: mix sliced tomatoes with oil and salt and add 2 spoons of ricotta...
mix it and you have creamy tomatoes...they're fresh and tasty...
oh and add some basil!

penpal 04-27-2006 08:37 PM

You reminded me of a yummy breakfast I used to make and it's very filling. Mash half a ripe banana with 1/2 cup of part skim ricotta and 1 tsp. sugar or sweetener. Pile mixture on top of a slice of toast, spread it out a bit and put under the broiler for a couple of minutes until slightly browned on top :drool:!

Here is the nutritional info: 319 calories 47% carbs, 31% fat, 22% protein.