3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   What's Your Favourite Type Of Cheese??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/82300-whats-your-favourite-type-cheese.html)

veggielover 04-22-2006 02:07 AM

What's Your Favourite Type Of Cheese???

I'm a big cheese fan but I dont ever allow myself to have more than 2 oz of cheese at a time.... I love swiss only occasionally, romano is my all time fav and I just tried goat cheese (really good when heated!).. I used to be a big fan of mozzerella but it makes me very very tired after I eat it (must be the high fat content) and I like regular american single (too much saltiness thoguh).

Anyone want to share their favs? I wanna try more cheeses (but not the really really sharp ones, you gotta warn me!)

LLV 04-22-2006 09:54 AM

Swiss is my favorite, but I've never really been a big cheese lover. Although, when it comes to swiss, I could sit and eat a whole block of it.

I sometimes put swiss in my pita sandwiches, but I buy the Sargento Reduced-Fat.

LadyFirelyght 04-22-2006 12:18 PM

Havarti, Gouda, Cheddar, Parmesan and we can't forget American! My absolute favorite would have to be Cheddar. I don't care for the sharp varieties, but the mild ones are mmm mmm, good!

HungryMonkey 04-22-2006 12:53 PM

In this order, my favorites are: Meunster, cheddar & colby jack. I haven't been exposed to too many exotic cheeses, but I sure would like to be! :)

ktgk 04-22-2006 05:32 PM

I like emmentaler right now...and gouda...ane actually pretty much any kind of cheese...guess that´s because I grew up in Wisconsin...

These days, though, I try to make sure that it´s reduced fat...and there are times when I avoid it alltogether.

--Katherine

pavellina 04-23-2006 03:58 PM

mine are...parmiggiano(parmesan?)and pecorino...
about the fresh kinds...bufala's mozzarella and stracchino(a stitchy and creamy cheese cream)

kykaree 04-23-2006 04:45 PM

I love parmesan and pecorino too. I am very fond of creamy Lancashire and have it as a special treat, it's quite sharp. I like a really sharp Cheddar too, cheese in England is really good (and responsible for at least a bit of my 10 kilo gain after I moved here!!!)

impossible princess 04-23-2006 04:48 PM

I love stilton, hallumi, feta and cheddar yummy yum yum

lovemygordie 04-24-2006 01:26 AM

Feta is definitely my favorite. I find that the low-fat variety tastes as good as the regular, which is an added bonus!

Mummy_Tummy 04-24-2006 05:53 AM

Feta, parmasan and mozzarella.

Kykaree, are you not a native English-type person? Where are you from originally?

kykaree 04-24-2006 06:53 AM

I'm an Aussie, but I've lived in England for four years now. So I am almost a local!!!! ;)

pavellina 04-25-2006 10:12 AM

oh i forgot feta!!!!
when i go to greece i put on so many kilos eating feta saganaki!

YP1 04-25-2006 04:37 PM

Halloumi and feta at the moment, although I go through phases. I also love parmesan and pecorino, but I'm not so bothered about mozarella and ricotta. I do like a nice goat's cheese too.

I adore saganaki, I really need to go back to Greece to have some soon...

I can pretty much leave cheddar, edam, gouda and the like, and I don't tend to eat too much stilton and brie, although in the right recipe I don't tend to turn them down.

Mmm. Cheese...

pavellina 04-26-2006 10:49 AM

in england you have an orange chesse i'm fond of...
it's often used melted on jacked potadoes and other things...
how is it called?
red lester?red leicester?i've never understood well the name...

mandalinn82 04-26-2006 11:52 AM

If you're into mild cheeses, have you tried Babybel and or Babybel lights? They are little single-portion portable cheeses, sealed in wax. 50-70 calories each, and a good boost of protein/fat to keep you going. They are a staple of my snacks (along with high fiber crackers, to increase the "keeps you full" effect).