Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #16  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
LOL Ms. Shapen, your comment reminded me of the Randy Stonehill song, "American Fast Food." It is hysterical!!

BTW I use salsa on my salads instead of dressing... it's great!
Yick. I've tried that and can't do it. Unless I'm eating a taco salad. Sometimes I'll make my own taco salads at home and on those, yes, I like the salsa. But not on a regular salad.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:27 PM   #17  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I ate at McDonald's today for the first time in 9 1/2 months. My husband wanted it , so I went along. I had the chicken, bacon ranch salad and it wasn't bad. I didn't eat hardly any of the dressing, because I read on package how bad it was. Mostly just ate the chicken. I did notice on my husbands Double Quarter Lber that is listed the fat, calories, carbs and sodium. This was news to me that they were now listing these things. I really don't ever trust them, after seeing Supersize Me.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:03 AM   #18  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybelle
II really don't ever trust them, after seeing Supersize Me.
I certainly don't trust McDo's either... but Supersize Me was not fair to them IMO. Someone went there and intentionally ate all the most fattening things on the menu and gained 70 gazillion pounds. I think that would happen at ANY restaurant you went to if you did that! Certainly not defending McDo's... LOL even their fruit and yogurt is half sugar!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:59 AM   #19  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
I certainly don't trust McDo's either... but Supersize Me was not fair to them IMO. Someone went there and intentionally ate all the most fattening things on the menu and gained 70 gazillion pounds. I think that would happen at ANY restaurant you went to if you did that!
Exactly.

You can do the same thing at home as well.

No, we didn't get fat overnight, but we did it from years of eating the exact crap we're now avoiding. We did nothing different than that guy on the Supersize Me show. We just did it slower.

Will I still go to McDonald's after watching that show? Of course I will. But I'm not an idiot, either, and I know how to make proper choices.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:26 AM   #20  
Tori

S/C/G: 166/153/140

Height: 5'4"

I eat a few things from McDonalds and the like BUT I do not eat anything they serve that has trans fat. Trans fat is way worse than sat fat and most of the food they serve contains massive amounts of the artery clogging, bad cholesterol stuff. I just read an article yesterday..see below..that should make you think twice about eating certain fast food especially of you are trying to diet and eat healthy but more importantly for your overall health.

BTW...Taco Bell is the worst of the worst.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7279844/...87818?GT1=7938
tori34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:33 AM   #21  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tori34
I just read an article yesterday..see below..that should make you think twice about eating certain fast food especially of you are trying to diet and eat healthy but more importantly for your overall health.
Well ****, that's a no-brainer. Are they trying to tell us something we don't already know?

lol

And Taco Bell isn't necessarily the worst. Any restaurant can be 'bad' if we make the wrong choices. Yeah, if you go to Taco Bell and get a Mexican Pizza or a Taco Salad, there's major fat and calories. But a regular taco without cheese is only 140 calories and 2.5 grams of saturated fat and a chicken soft taco without cheese is 160 calories (the flour tortillas are higher in calories than the crunchy corn shells) and only 1 gram of saturated fat.

So it all depends on the choices you make.

By the way, I just read a report that McDonald's sales are up. So much for the Supersize Me show hurting business, lol!
Old 04-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

A friend of mine said that Whataburger is the worst chain...apparently Weight Watchers offers you point-friendly alternatives at different restaurants and there was NOTHING at Whataburger that could be fit into a good diet. I've never been so I don't know.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote