Vlasic pickles with splenda!

• I just noticed this at the grocery yesterday. I had been getting the dill pickles but now I can have the sweet pickles that I love at only 5 calories a serving!
  • I tried the sugar-free pickles and I'm afraid I didn't like them. I tossed them out

I don't like things that taste *too* sweet and I've noticed that sugar-free foods sweetened with Splenda taste even sweeter than when they had sugar. Like ice cream, for example - I've bought the Splenda ice creams before and I just can't eat them, they're too sweet for me. As crazy as that sounds.
  • LLV thats not a problem for me. I love sweet stuff. The sweeter the better! I do see your point about stuff with splenda. A lot of times it is sweeter then the original.
  • Quote: LLV thats not a problem for me. I love sweet stuff. The sweeter the better! I do see your point about stuff with splenda. A lot of times it is sweeter then the original.
    Yeah, I've just never been much of a sweet eater. I sit next to a big bowl of candy every day. And it's still sitting there. If I get a sweet tooth, I usually get out the ice cream, have 3-4 bites, then put it back. Or maybe I'll munch a small handful of M&M's or pop one or two Hershey Kisses and I'm done.

But my favorite sweet treat is my sugar-free chocolate pudding or sugar-free jello. Those I can eat and they're not too sweet for me
  • Valerie Joy--wow, I can't wait to try those pickles! Thanks for sharing. BJF
  • I heard Splenda now makes a brown sugar blend? I haven't seen this in the store yet, but that'd be great for making cookies.
  • I have seen the brown sugar splenda but haven't tried it yet!

I just bought another 2 jars of pickles today
  • We have the brown sugar here in the boonies, but I haven't even looked for the pickles. The thought of eating a sweet pickle makes me cringe.