Sweet and Sour Crockpot Meatballs

• I made this recipe today and it is soooooooooooooooooo good! I used World Harbors Maui Mountain Sweet and Sour Sauce; it has a wonderful flavor.

Sweet and Sour Crockpot Meatballs

1 Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner (guess where I got the recipe LOL)
    1 jar (9-10 oz) sweet and sour sauce
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    3 pounds frozen meatballs
    1 medium red bell pepper, cubed
    1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks, drained

Put the liner in the cooker (duh).

Place all ingredients in the lined slow cooker, stir gently. Place lid on slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours OR on high for 4 to 5 hours until done.
  • the reciepe looks good. your photo has got younger. glen
  • I'm sure this is very tasty, but I looked it up and and this recipe is for 12-15 servings, so they must be fairly small portions for 426 calories and the sodium looks quite high.

Number of Servings: 12-15

Nutrition Information:
    (Per Serving)
    calories 426
    grams fat 25
    % calories from fat 54
    milligrams cholesterol 67
    milligrams sodium 1196
    grams carbohydrates 27
    grams fiber 1
    grams protein 21
  • Well I do personally eat small portions of them, and freeze the rest. However, a friend today taught me how to make my own sweet and sour sauce which will eliminate the bottled stuff and make it healthier!

Perhaps some may think it is too high and not want it; personally I don't "diet" but just eat small portions of things which are not as good for me and larger portions of veggies and stuff.

It uses 3 pounds of meatballs so 12 servings would be 1/4 pound of meat each serving so IMO you don't need that much. Also I realize some don't eat red meat; chicken or turkey could easily be substituted.

And Glen, thanks a lot for the compliment on the picture... glad it got younger as I have actually gotten four years older! And another birthday... 59 this time!!... coming up soon!!!