Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/138/125

Default Hubby's lunches

Hi there!
First off, I just found this site, and love it already!
I'm a full-time wife of an Army NCO and mother to a 9 year old daughter. I do all the shopping and cooking (and cleaning, and fixing, and, and... )

I set out breakfast and lunch for my hubby to take for the day, and he packs it before work. I'm looking for better foods that are both portable and that he'll eat.
Right now he gets a slimfast shake, a yogurt and a cereal bar for breakfast; a sandwich (ham or turkey, light miracle whip and cheese), chips (I portion out about 2 "servings" per baggie) and a pudding cup (I make my own with sugar-free pudding and lite cool whip) for lunch. He leaves the house a 5am, and is often gone until 7 or 8pm.
My biggest challenge is keeping him for knowing it's "healthy". I slipped spenda in his coffee and used light miracle whip and sugar free pudding for a month before he found out.
Any suggestions y'all can offer will be appriciated!
Thanks so much,
Scout Wife
scout wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 120

Hello Scout Wife, a good idea will be lowfat graham crackers, the 100 pack calorie snacks in ziplock bags, Lays bake chips in ziplock bags, sugar free jello. For the sanwhickes you can use low fat cheese and light bread by Nature's Own (for sandwhiches)
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:13 PM   #3  

Default Hubby's lunch

I like to pack soups and stews in a thermos with a piece of fruit, ff pringles or chips and salsa. I think everyone should have a hot lunch each day. With microwaves it's easy. It just feels like comfort food.
Chefmaker
Chefmaker is offline   Reply With Quote